AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing a home theater and a buddy of mine (who's opinion I highly respect) is pushing these. Anyone have any thoughts about them? I was looking around here and there are very few post about them. Anyone have any thoughts or setups that I might use? My room is 16 X 12 if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartlettJ64 /forum/post/0

Any thoughts?

If you can't find alot of information about them. I wouldn't purchase them.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartlettJ64 /forum/post/0

Any thoughts?

I've heard them before,but its been a long time,they had very extended bass from what I remember,I dont feel comftable recomending or not recomending to you since my memory is so cloudy on them,You should visit the Audiogon and Audio Review forums im quite sure you will be able to find out what you need there.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Their subwoofers are nice, but i've heard that their speakers don't measure up.

I have only heard their subwoofers (EMB line). They were great for the size, more output w/ same sq could be had for the same money in a larger box.

·
Registered
189 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartlettJ64 /forum/post/9479436

I am doing a home theater and a buddy of mine (who's opinion I highly respect) is pushing these. Anyone have any thoughts about them? I was looking around here and there are very few post about them. Anyone have any thoughts or setups that I might use? My room is 16 X 12 if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.

I'm also looking into James loudspeakers for a home theater. Has anyone used these in a home theater?

http://www.jamesloudspeaker.com/lit/ACF29.pdf

and http://www.modernhometheater.com/vir...ter/main2.html

which states "he wanted to use James shallow depth in-wall speakers for all seven speakers, because they could be tuned acoustically after the room was completed."

Anyone have any other experience on these?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Are you looking for bookshelves or in wall speakers? I did a quasi review of some James loudspeakers a few weeks back. I was listening to various bookshelves in a dealers home theater. One of the sets of speakers were James. I do not know what model, all I really know is that the MSRP is about $1600. They sounded good, not as much of a low end as some of the other bookshelves we listened to. He uses the in walls more for custom theaters, and commented that he would be willing to let the pair I listened to go really cheap, as he likes to use the in walls speakers sitting on stools to audition because they look more impressive and sound the same. While the speakers sounded good, I still wasn't prepared to pay more for them over some others I listened to. I would recommend you find a place to listen to them if you can, even if you are looking for bookshelves and can only find in walls, you might want to listen them to get an idea of how they sound. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.