AVS Forum banner
  • Get an exclusive sneak peek into our new project. >>> Click Here

Jamestown Screen

1199 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  JFCIII1970
I was considering going with Jamestown screen with the CenterStage XD.

Has anyone used them in the last year?

Anyone with Jamestown screen, can you comment on how the frame has held up?

I have a DIY SMX screen where I bought the material and had a art framing company build a wood frame and mount the material.

The material had a scuff on it this past summer when I had a company doing some work. They have paid for a new screen but I'm debating between

1) SeymourAV

2) Jamestown

3) buying the XD Material and having mounted the frame that I currently have.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
I would say take a look at Falcon screens. I like the fact that the weave is less noticeable compared to the XD material, by 3-4ft.

I went with a Jamestown 126" 2.35 AT screen made with Seymour Centerstage XD. Not sure what people are looking at, but I'm viewing from about 10' and no weave is perceived. Picture is gorgeous with a AE8000U projector. So for normal view distances Seymour Centerstage XD is a fine choice.

I also had Jamestown build custom masking panels.

I'm very satisfied with the purchase. Purchasing a screen from Seymour AV would be my second choice. From my price comparison based on what frame you go with they are 30% to 100% more in price but probably much faster delivery.
I'm currently looking at purchasing a 115" with Seymour XD as well. The price is hard to beat but my concern is the quality of the frame as well as the long delays reported by others.

I currently have the Accurscreen 106" purchased from Costco here in Canada but looking for something bigger and better. I was also considering the Elite Screens Prime Vision 4k fixed frame as well but that almost three times the price, which isn't that much.

I'm about to pull the trigger on the Jamestown but a bit hesitant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound888  /t/1518460/jamestown-screen#post_24456176

I'm currently looking at purchasing a 115" with Seymour XD as well. The price is hard to beat but my concern is the quality of the frame as well as the long delays reported by others.

I currently have the Accurscreen 106" purchased from Costco here in Canada but looking for something bigger and better. I was also considering the Elite Screens Prime Vision 4k fixed frame as well but that almost three times the price, which isn't that much.

I'm about to pull the trigger on the Jamestown but a bit hesitant.
I was looking at the same accuscreen..is it any good frame wise and pic quality. I think I have decided on the seymour economy frame 109" for $799. Frame looks good, and looks EXTREMELY easy to assemble. Screen also looks easy to replace if ever a reason arrived.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.