AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy an AT screen with the Seymour center stage XD material. The question is which frame manufacture do I choose?
Due to size of the wall the screen can't be more than 95.5" wide in a 6:9 ratio.
Jamestown can make the screen 95" wide giving me about 101" diagonal viewing. And if I go the Seymour Precision Frame I can get 103" diagonal viewing at 95.3" width. Jamestown being $535 shipped and Seymour being $748.
I also understand the Jamestown has 2 braces for the frame. Does Seymour have braces? Are they even an issue?

What frame would you choose and why?

·
Registered
654 Posts
I only experienced Jamestown screen and if structural design is important to you then Jamestown is not your thing. Due to the low cost shipping design, Jamestown makes horizontal bars 2-piece that leads to arching of the top when you mount it. Many do not have issues, but there are many that had that problem, I had that problem for sure. Difference between center of the top and on the sides was 10mm which is very visible when you put the image in. I have tried tightening and re-tightening but that did not solve arching problem at all for me. YMMV.

I'm looking to buy an AT screen with the Seymour center stage XD material. The question is which frame manufacture do I choose?
Due to size of the wall the screen can't be more than 95.5" wide in a 6:9 ratio.
Jamestown can make the screen 95" wide giving me about 101" diagonal viewing. And if I go the Seymour Precision Frame I can get 103" diagonal viewing at 95.3" width. Jamestown being $535 shipped and Seymour being $748.
I also understand the Jamestown has 2 braces for the frame. Does Seymour have braces? Are they even an issue?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts

Read the last few pages of this thread http://www.avsforum.com/forum/23-screens/1304049-jamestown-elite-please-advise-35.html

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only experienced Jamestown screen and if structural design is important to you then Jamestown is not your thing. Due to the low cost shipping design, Jamestown makes horizontal bars 2-piece that leads to arching of the top when you mount it. Many do not have issues, but there are many that had that problem, I had that problem for sure. Difference between center of the top and on the sides was 10mm which is very visible when you put the image in. I have tried tightening and re-tightening but that did not solve arching problem at all for me. YMMV.
Thanks for the feedback and link to the other thread. I decided to spend the extra $$$ and go with the Seymour screen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.