Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=stealth.htm

That is one ugly box office take...*UGH*.

I wonder if the Sony Exec who greenlighted this turkey still has his job.

STEALTH

Domestic Total as of Aug. 9, 2005: $26,117,482

Production Budget: $100 million

This has to be the biggest loss for a studio this year. It might even take top spot.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
It was made before Ray I believe. I think they waited to release it do get a bigger draw because Fox won so many awards for Ray. But a turd is a turd.....

·
Registered
423 Posts
He's not even the main star of the movie. It really does not count as a "Jamie Fox" movie. And yeah, the movie stinks.

Hollywood needs a spanking every now and then for pushing crap out. That'll teach them!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Stealth and the Island both had a reasonable cast but bad directors and bad story. In the end both made more than they were worth but fortunately lost lots of money. Hopefully studios will stop making this crap if they lose enough cash.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Version
. Hopefully studios will stop making this crap if they lose enough cash.
Since day one studios has released turkeys, and always will. Every now and then Studios needs a tax write-off I guess :p

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Quote:
Domestic Total as of Aug. 9, 2005: $26,117,482

Production Budget: $100 million
Add worldwide gross and DVD sales and they'll probably break even.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by megaman_y
He's not even the main star of the movie. It really does not count as a "Jamie Fox" movie. And yeah, the movie stinks.

Hollywood needs a spanking every now and then for pushing crap out. That'll teach them!
You and I both wish. However, looks at the numbers for Dukes of Hazard :eek: and Hollywood will just keep trying to put out movies like this. They'll never learn as long as some of those turds make the 'Dukes money.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Not only is Stealth...a terrible movie....but it has that crappy added grain in over 90% of the movie and would have been a crappy dvd purchase if it had been good.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by megaman_y
If at all the only reason to see this movie is to see her in a bikini.
Well, a week before the opening date I picked up at Best Buy a free DVD with the trailer and a few behind the scenes footage. The disc came with some blue-bikini-footage :eek: so I don't think I need to watch the movie anyways :D

·
Registered
793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman
Add worldwide gross and DVD sales and they'll probably break even.
Exactly, almost NO movie loses money these days. There's no accounting for the poor taste of the French (j/k... ;) but really, Jerry Lewis?!?!)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Chances are pretty good that Foxx will never have another role like Ray in his entire career. That's not a knock against him by any means, because most actors never have THAT to add to their legacy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.