AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is currently a pretty good sale on Jamo speakers HERE and, knowing next to nothing about speakers, I was wondering if they're better than what I have.

I currently use a pair of Sony SS-u311s (pic below) and was wondering if the Jamo E680 speakers will be a serious upgrade. I can't find much information on the speakers I have, I bought them used many years ago and from the little I have found they appear to be 12+ years old. The base is pretty weak but I bought a Jamo 5.1 system in December and the sub on that handles the base very nicely. The specs on the Sonys are:

2 - 10" Woofers (one passive and one active)

4" Midranges

2" Tweeters

Power 200W 8 Ohms

Like I said, speakers are not my strong suit so any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_devil /forum/post/18276498

The base is pretty weak but I bought a Jamo 5.1 system in December and the sub on that handles the base very nicely.

Which jamo 5.1 system do you have now?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Well the only thing i can see that would be better is the jamo is a little taller so it would get the sound up to a higher listening level, and you could get a matching center and rear for theater use.

The E680s are 40" tall and they are in a really nice looking dark apple finish.

I would guess the E680s go a little lower then the sony but its hard to say for sure.

I have a set of the E680s and i think they sound great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts