AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

This is my first post here so if its not where I should be posting please let me know.

I have had a Jamo SUB650 for a couple of years now and am happy with it but in the last month it keeps blowing fuses when i powered it on. It did power on occasionally but only when i very quickly switched it on at the on at the rocker switch. I noticed that the on/off rocker switch for power felt a bit flimsy and cheap so I said to myself i will open the sub up, get to the board and replace the switch with a good load breaking 2 pole switch as i thought it may be causing an arc / inrush at power on.

So i opened it up, and found a couple of burnt capacitors, a burnt resistor and another component which I cannot identify. I would like get get my hands on a schematic so i can replace the components myself but Jamo basically said to contact a distributor in Australia and didn't really want to help.

If anyone here has a schematic for this subwoofer or is able to help me locate one that would be much appreciated.

Here are some pics of the board...

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
If you do a large number of Google searches, you may locate a service manual. Some sites will charge $15-25 to download the manual.

Many manufacturers consider the schematics (in their service manuals) to be proprietary information.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BTW, the schematics didn't tell me exactly what values of the resistors or capacitors were. I managed to to a bit of research of my own, bought the parts from element14 and replaced them. I also changed that cheap rocker power switch with a proper load break switch. The sub works like new again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey,

Send me an email 'nc4080 @ gmail.com' and i will email it to you.

After replacing some blown capacitors and changing the switch to a good quality load break switch everything works fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi !

( sorry for my english i'm from france )

I have a subwoofer jamo SUB650 and the same problem on it :/
The Resistor R47 and TH3 are die but i don't find the shematics with values ( thanks for shematics on your post !! )
Could you help me for that ?

Thanks a lot !
Tom

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
The part you've circled in the first post looks like an MOV (metal oxide varistor), designed to clamp over voltages. If that's gone I'd be concerned you have problems elsewhere. I'll look at the schems when I get home.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Jamo 650 subwofer and I have the following problem.
It doesn't stop on its own and besides that it doesn't even receive a signal from Refciver, meaning it doesn't make any sound. I exchanged cables and port because I have 2 subwoofers but the problem persists. Do you know anyone who could be the problem?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts