AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

VS

Between the Jamo c400cen and the BIC America DV-62CLRS, which should I go with?

I've already purchased the c400, but returning it would not be a problem.

The BIC is bigger, but also older, and maybe of lesser quality than the Jamo?

Has anyone heard both?

And neither would match my LR speakers, since they are diy (Modula MTs w/ RS28s). I'd make a matching center, but the price of drivers and components (mainly inductors) has really gone up, and I don't want to spend that much at this time. Out of the Jamo and BIC, one must be a better match than the other, but chances seem slim that anyone would know.

BIC

Jamo

·
Registered
29,317 Posts
That BIC his a very highly rated center plus it has dual 6.5" woofers. Its gonna play deeper than the Jamo.

Who knows if either is a decent match for your front speakers.

Get em both and return the loser. That way you wont be questioning yourself when it is all done.

·
Registered
88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/18195199

That BIC his a very highly rated center plus it has dual 6.5" woofers. Its gonna play deeper than the Jamo.

Who knows if either is a decent match for your front speakers.

Get em both and return the loser. That way you wont be questioning yourself when it is all done.

That makes very good sense, second guessing yourself and ending up with buyers remorse is no fun!

·
Registered
727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunD /forum/post/18194779

VS

Between the Jamo c400cen and the BIC America DV-62CLRS, which should I go with?

I've already purchased the c400, but returning it would not be a problem.

The BIC is bigger, but also older, and maybe of lesser quality than the Jamo?

Has anyone heard both?

And neither would match my LR speakers, since they are diy (Modula MTs w/ RS28s). I'd make a matching center, but the price of drivers and components (mainly inductors) has really gone up, and I don't want to spend that much at this time. Out of the Jamo and BIC, one must be a better match than the other, but chances seem slim that anyone would know.

BIC

Jamo

Seen as you have made your own fronts,maybe you can broaden your choice.There are a lot of reasonably priced ctr speakers out-there.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/18195199

Get em both and return the loser.

+1. It's really that simple.

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
I have preordered the BIC F12 subwoofer from here. But I don't know how their prices compare to the prices you are looking at.
http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/s.cgi...214&s_mfg=W030

This one might be an upgrade to the BIC America DV-62CLRS for little more (only $5 more on blt.com), but I don't know. (you might need to check if they would sound better vertically or horizontally)
http://www.bicamerica.com/showpage.p...pe=6&spkrID=83

I heard that these guys might take $140 for the BIC Acoustech PL-26 http://www.sounddistributors.com/buy...enter+Speakers

But I don't know much. Good luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, after listening to the Jamo for a few days, I'm returning it. The contrast in sound quality between it and my mains is just too great. I've been trying to ignore it while watching movies, but I find myself constantly playing with the levels, bumping down the center. On Paranormal Activity, I had to turn the center channel off, it sounded so bad (movie is mixed with only center+lfe).

I'm looking now at the suggestions made, but would welcome any others.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.