AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had bought the Jamo S426 deal through TD but TD really put a bad taste in my mouth to the point that I want to stay away from Jamo despite it not being their fault.

Anyway I guess I'm looking at the Polk Monitor's or possibly some BIC's? I just bought a BIC F12 and I'm very impressed with the quality for the cost.

I have an Onkyo TX-NR509 to push them with.

For the Monitors I would go with:

Monitor 50's on the floor, CS1 center and Monitor 30's for the rears.

For the BIC's:

BIC America DV-62CLRS center channel, BIC America Venturi DV64 Fronts and BIC America DV62si for the rears.

$320 for the Polks or $460 for the BIC's.

The Bic's have larger drivers but smaller tweeters than the Polks. I watch movies 60% of the time, gaming 30% and music 10%.

·
Registered
28,549 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not completely against it.. just my frustration speaking.

The S506's are a decent speaker? The price is certainly right.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I understand your frustration with TD but I have to totaly agree with Afrogt as to "dont blame the mfg/Jamos for the bad experiance". Vanns is an excellent company along with great customer service so if you are interested in the Jamos still I would look at vans and go with the 606's as they seem to have the best reviews. I have not herd them in person but I have herd both the Polk & Bic as they are a good budget speaker so eighter choice woulld be good. If you are looking at the Bic's I would look into this site ... http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/b...dex.cfm?bid=46 as you can get a much better price then what you have listed above.

Anyhow, good luck & hope you find the right set up.

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,764 Posts
Like the others have said, Jamo is usually good stuff -- especially for the money -- so I'm not sure crossing them off your list is the best choice. If you do go with vanns though be sure to read their return policy carefully, it's pretty draconian. They often have very attractive prices, but it comes with a caveat. I'm not saying don't buy from them, only be real certain of what you want before you do.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson /forum/post/20919361

Like the others have said, Jamo is usually good stuff -- especially for the money -- so I'm not sure crossing them off your list is the best choice. If you do go with vanns though be sure to read their return policy carefully, it's pretty draconian. They often have very attractive prices, but it comes with a caveat. I'm not saying don't buy from them, only be real certain of what you want before you do.

I've bought tons of stuff from Vanns, always worked out fine. My only small complaint is that once I had to ask twice to get them to pay return shipping on an item that arrived damaged. But they did.

So I don't know what's draconian about them. If you want to get a free test drive, with shipping paid both ways, they might not be the place. But they have always seemed fair to me, and I'm glad I'm not paying the freight for idiots who order four sets to try out at home and send 3-4 back.

Vanns is the top rated electronics seller and has great prices. There's a reason their name keeps coming up. If you have a problem, ask again nicely and it should work out fine.

·
Registered
28,549 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts