AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at projectors at the yobashi or something huge electronic store and on some of there epson projectors they had this new port i know nothing about, but it seems its on all domestic dvd/recievers here. even D5 switching and such. I wanted to know if anyone knew anything about these ports. from wandering the cable section they seem to be analogue connections as i saw component > d5, Composit > D5, and just audio L/R to D5. very strange plug yet very space saving.

Any idea about this plug? is it domestic to japan only? I also saw a new audio port looks like a super mini usb plug, but for audio forgot its name but its like dc400 or something. any idea of the quality of these, do they support hdcp? these ports were even on 5,000$ yahama recievers and 1500$ dvd players.

/R

War

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know if it supports hdcp? or is that digital only? it seems like a highquality plug. Do the blueray devices here have all the content protection they have in the states? it would seem this analogue wouldn't work with the new protections.

Thanks for your info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.