AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly happens when someone tries to play regular Japanese BS tape on US 30K. I know that WowWow tapes will not play since they are copy protected, but what about the ones which are not copy protected.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Actually you can see about 1 second of the BS program then the 30KU stops the decoding and the screen goes black.

This leads me to believe that the 30KU decoder is perfectly capable of decoding the BS signal, but JVC has artifically disabled this capability through software.

bb

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CKNA
What exactly happens when someone tries to play regular Japanese BS tape on US 30K. I know that WowWow tapes will not play since they are copy protected, but what about the ones which are not copy protected.
The copy protection of wowow tapes prevents them from being copied to another tape, but the original recording does play on any BS player. wowow permits copy once.

bb

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CKNA
What about firewire output. Can you see anything?.
It will work if you put the firewire into a japanese model 30K or maybe another decoder and then you can use the US version 30K as transport and watch your BS program on the other decoder.

bb

·
Registered
336 Posts
You can watch BS when 30000U is conected to MyHF HDTV card under window XP.

Perfect picture but no sound.

They said that MPEF AAC ( audio) signal will be made to pass though to AV amp when next SW upgrade is possible.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bb1987
Actually you can see about 1 second of the BS program then the 30KU stops the decoding and the screen goes black.

This leads me to believe that the 30KU decoder is perfectly capable of decoding the BS signal, but JVC has artifically disabled this capability through software.

bb
The 30kU lacks the ability to decode the audio, which is why it's disabled in the software.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gridleak
The 30kU lacks the ability to decode the audio, which is why it's disabled in the software.
That would make sense since the 30K doesn't have an aac decoder, but couldn't it decode the audio to pcm?

The japanese 30K has the option of pcm or dd/aac passthrough.

bb

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jaehong Lee

They said that MPEF AAC ( audio) signal will be made to pass though to AV amp when next SW upgrade is possible.
Wow! Can't wait. I already ordered the MyHD from DC before the PowerBuy ended! Can't wait! :)

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
You can watch BS when 30000U is conected to MyHF HDTV card under window XP.
So what you are saying, is that if I had a receiver with AAC decoder (like the new Yamaha RX-Z1/DSP-AZ1) I will be able t watch Japanese BS tapes with sound. Does the US JVC30K pass AAC stream for sure?.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jaehong Lee
Hi! CKNA

Yes , but when next sw upgrade.

right now picture is perfect. it can't pass through.
Jaehong, if you have a chance,could you please also ask MIT INC if they plan to fix the copy protected tape playback issue (ex.WOWOW) in a next software upgrade.

thanks.Rob

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Hi Rob,

Yes, the copy protected tape is a concern. I heard they're going to label more program as copy protected starting this month...

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Yes , but when next sw upgrade.
Jaehong,

Do you mean MyHD card sw upgrade or JVC30KU sw upgrade.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.