AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
I don't think rebellion has english subs, just english being spoken with japanese subs. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. I was hoping for English subs considering the back of the box lists 4 choices of subtitles (but I don't read Japanese, so I don't know whether any of it means "English")

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
All the movies that were normally spoken in English will still have the English spoken. OTOH, discs that aren't normally English, like Shinobi or Oldboy will not have English spoken or as subtitles.

J

·
Registered
3,265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo /forum/post/0

I'm not worried about spoken English, that's a given. But having a family member who is hearing impaired, I need the HD DVD to have English subtitle.

Ok, tomorrow I'll check to see if Equilibrium and Reign of Fire have english subs.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo /forum/post/0

thank you, Capek. You've just saved me a couple hundred dollars.

I was actually just referring to the Japanese movies, like Oldboy, Shinobi etc. I've been making some changes to my HT, so I haven't been able to verify whether RoF and Equilibrium have english subs or not. I'll let you know as soon as I get everything hooked back up.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capek /forum/post/0

I was actually just referring to the Japanese movies, like Oldboy, Shinobi etc. I've been making some changes to my HT, so I haven't been able to verify whether RoF and Equilibrium have english subs or not. I'll let you know as soon as I get everything hooked back up.

Just for the record, Oldboy is S. Korean. Interestingly, the Korean DVD does have English subs, but the Japanese release of it does not.

J

·
Registered
3,265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big J /forum/post/0

Just for the record, Oldboy is S. Korean. Interestingly, the Korean DVD does have English subs, but the Japanese release of it does not.

J

Right. I just meant Japanese HD-DVD releases of non-English movies. Thanks for the clarification.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.