AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo.. a "friend" of mine
was looking on the Lost Odyssey wiki and discovered that he would never be able to obain the accessory: "Master's Secret Script", and the skill accociated with it: Weapon Guard 2. You can only obtain this accessory if you had preorded Lost Odyssey from Gamestop. Unfortunately, my "friend" didn't buy the game until recently. And Microsoft won't even give you the option to pay money to download the accessory from Xbox live in America.
But, this "friend" of mine discovered that Xbox Live users in Japan can download this accessory for free. Unfortunately, the Xbox 360 is regon locked, preventing him from downloading anything from Japan's Xbox Live.

So my "friend' did some research. He made a new Windows Live email account and during the proccess, put in that he lived in Japan (He even managed to find a real phone # and address for a Japanese Dominoes Pizza to use.) He went on his 360 and created a new username and used the new windows live email address he had created on his computer. And presto, he was able to access and download from Japan's Xbox Live.

It was a bit tricky considering that he doesn't read any Japanese. But the tab for downloading game add-ons was in the exact same place as the American version of Live. Convienently, the word "RPG" was written in english for him to select, under the Genre tab. All the other gernres were written in Japanese kanji. Lost Odyssey was then easy to find by selecting its picture. From there he selected and downloaded the one game add-on that was listed as free. He then loaded up his Lost Odyssey game save, and sure enough, the accessory, "Master's Secret Script", was in his inventory. My friend felt a great deal up triumph and satisfaction. It was like he had outwit Microsoft
and optained what should have been available to eveyone who had bought Lost Odyssey, and not just people who preordered it in America and those living in Japan.

On a side note,while he was on Japan's Xbox Live, he decided to thoroughly explore this new playground. There were previews and demos of games that were out in Japan, that haven't been released here in America (mainly RPGs). The most facinating thing though, was what appeared to be add ons for dating sim games. I repeat, Dating Sim Games!
Oh, how my "friend" wishes that these game could be sold here on the 360 and not just on the PC. But he understands that Dating Sim Games (or Gal Games, as they're also called) are extremely niche in their appeal. And that parents and certain groups would protest these games being sold. And if they were sold here, the news would cover the "outrage" over these games being sold till Microsoft caved to pressure and pulled them from store shelves. So it's probably smart of Microsoft to just avoid selling them here in America anyway. But it does make my friend wonder: if American stores were as consistent at not selling M-rated games to minors as Japan is, maybe we could get some Adult rated games over here.
Oh, well...

And now for something really unrelated, but hillarious. I can't think of an appropriate spot to post this, so I'll just post it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dqTr...eature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Ozx...eature=channel

·
Banned
3,712 Posts
fyi, there is a new indie game avail on xbox live arcade that is a dating sim game of sorts. look in the august 09 retail, arcade, and indie releases list. its in the indie releases section. cant think of its name. "something--something, vol.1" is all i remember. its in kanji, but i've translated it.

funny thing about those game sims is that the japanese are also wary about our games being ported over there. many games have had to have been edited and the violence toned down for japanese consumption. but if they wanted to develop a teen dating/monster catching/underpants rubbin/VERY NSFW game then they're all ears!

go figure

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronn /forum/post/16936855

funny thing about those game sims is that the japanese are also wary about our games being ported over there. many games have had to have been edited and the violence toned down for japanese consumption. but if they wanted to develop a teen dating/monster catching/underpants rubbin/VERY NSFW game then they're all ears!

go figure

Touche, Tronn, touche. I need to find a country to live in that doesn't feel the need to edit games for sexual content or violent content. But, I don't think that place exists
, so I'll just stay here.

By the way, I like your idea for a game! (Although the title seems a little long.)When will it be out?

·
Banned
3,712 Posts
^lol... well i am messin around in Kudo... nah just messin... i think i just described to the top selling pc game though. seriously, doesnt anyone else see there's something seriously wrong with 40-year old executives waiting in line for those type of games?!?!? pervs

·
Registered
855 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by randalthor /forum/post/16936802

On a side note,while he was on Japan's Xbox Live, he decided to thoroughly explore this new playground. There were previews and demos of games that were out in Japan, that haven't been released here in America (mainly RPGs).

What doesn't make sense to me is how Fable 2 DLC is absolutely free in Japan and not the States.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR6AGB001 /forum/post/16939715

What doesn't make sense to me is how Fable 2 DLC is absolutely free in Japan and not the States.

It was free. My "friend" just checked on Japan's Xbox Live and he could only find the free versions of See the Future and Knothole Island. He thinks that they took down Japan's free download that you normaly would have gotten with the Limited Edition of Fable 2 here in America. Perhaps Microsoft figured out that people in America wanted what Japan was getting for free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts