·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
???

------------------

Jeff

Currently - Zenith 7" CRT, 80x60 1.3 gain screen

Soon to be - 107x60 1.3 gain...with ?Seleco 250 with Panamorph or "cheap" 9" CRT

·
Registered
250 Posts
I would definitely be interested in a power buy on a good DLP projector - DWIN Transvision or Seleco 250 would be at the top of my list.

------------------

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Could you list which units could be candidates for this power-buy, the Marantz, Runco, Davies, Dreamvision, NEC, Sharp? KeithR mentioned the Seleco 250, but doesn't this projector have serious trouble with HDTV? Then again, from reading this forum, is there a projector that does not have problems?

------------------

cai

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I am going to buy a projector in the next couple of months. I am game for the best deal out there in the under $10K category for a dedicated theater application.

BTW, I am currently leaning towards the Sanyo XP21, but am open for a good deal on something else.

[This message has been edited by Jonmx (edited 05-23-2001).]

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am also going to buy a projector in the next couple of months. I'm anxiously waiting for reviews and more info on the new Davis Cinema 10 Pro. I'd jump at the Dwin, but "Rainbow" is something I don't want to worry about.

At least choosing the screen has been easy. Nothin' but Stewart Grayhawk.

Paul

·
Registered
533 Posts
Lets not let this thread die.

I have read some specs on the Seleco 250 and it seems to be a very good machine. I have two questions: 1) has the problem with HDTV been solved? and 2) will this unit take a panamorph lense?

I am not in favour of the HT200DM because it is an 800x600 projector and the light ouput seems rather weak.

------------------

cai

·
Registered
9 Posts
My first post on avsforum folks. I've been reading many of the posts in the CRT and DLP/LCD/D-ILA categories with great interest for about three weeks. Wanted a CRT but my space can't accommodate the behemoth. Definitely got the HT bug. I'm gonna get my feet wet, make my mistakes and improve my HT groove mostly by the well known method of hard knocks. It's the journey....right? Anyway, a power buy on a great LCD (XP21N) or a DLP (HT250 or LT150z)is on the top of my list. (NOTE: to anyone reading this, I don't know squat and have no experience with these projectors so don't count this post as an endorsement)I would want a two week trial with any projector I purchased.

Thanks to all the HT devotees for your great posts. You'll be hearing from me from time to time when I have an opinion based on experience.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Jason:

Please respond. Is this a dead thread or what? I know there're constraints on what you can do; but is the DLP power buy. . .specifically Seleco HT250 powerbuy a dead issue or not? I've been researching the HT250 for a while. It has practically the same specs as Runco's Vx101c and Vx1c DLP's without the controllers. Sanyo's recent LCD's may have better contrast and may have larger ansi lumens, but they also have the "dust blob" issues and "screen door" effects to worry about. If there's a power buy for the HT250, I want in.

Dr D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Jason et al:

Is this a dead thread or what? I would really love to get in on a power buy for a HT250 if available. I know your original post was ~1 month ago. . .so is it looking favorable or not? Also, is there an average "street price" for this pj that you're aware of? Lastly, is there an Cygnus IMX upgrade or panamorph upgrade available?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.