AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any luck finding jasper arcades or pros with nidec fans? Was curious if there was a particular date/lot #/team they could be associated with.

Nidec fans are supposedly the very quiet, smooth running fans inside the 360. If you look thru the grill, on the back of your xbox, you'll see your fans. If you have no stickers or writing, just all black fans, you have the nidecs.

I've found a couple jaspers so far, but returned them, as they had the DC Brushless (delta) fans and were quite loud while simply running the dashboard alone.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
My new Arcade is super quiet. Can't believe the difference compared to my old 'Pro'. I'll check when I get home to make sure it is a Nidec fan, and if so, I'll post the info from the box. I just picked it up on Saturday from GS.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Mine is super quiet and has the Delta fans. I have to get my head behind it to hear them.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlane01s /forum/post/15410373

Has anyone had any luck finding jasper arcades or pros with nidec fans? Was curious if there was a particular date/lot #/team they could be associated with.

Nidec fans are supposedly the very quiet, smooth running fans inside the 360. If you look thru the grill, on the back of your xbox, you'll see your fans. If you have no stickers or writing, just all black fans, you have the nidecs.

I've found a couple jaspers so far, but returned them, as they had the DC Brushless (delta) fans and were quite loud while simply running the dashboard alone.

Any pictures of the different fans anywhere?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I thought my Delta's were loud, but the fans revved up n down when needed. I have to hear the other fans to now the difference tho. I just know the Jaspers are a helluva lot cooler and quieter. Granted, I only owned one 360, the first version. It just died on me last month.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc /forum/post/15420757

i thought my delta's were loud, but the fans revved up n down when needed. I have to hear the other fans to now the difference tho. I just know the jaspers are a helluva lot cooler and quieter. Granted, i only owned one 360, the first version. It just died on me last month.

i am on vacation in europe right now and they are selling the 360 jasper over here

·
Registered
2,657 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everybody for your insight. Perhaps if someone with an arcade picks up a jasper with the all-black fans, they can let us know details. Otherwise, it looks like CSON-built Pro Models have the best odds.

I have a Zephyr Elite right now, and it has the DC fans. It's somewhat loud. However, a buddy just picked up an Arcade with DC fans and believe it or not, is louder than mine. Another colleague has a falcon elite with nidec fans and the thing is virtually whisper quiet. Quite an audible difference!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.