AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your tired of using the poor PS3 media server, or annoyed of configuring and failing at setting another media server with third party programs, a new project has been started by someone that creates a easy to use java media server client which looks quite impressive.

Current features of this media server is quoted below:

Ready to launch and play. No codec packs to install. No folder configuration and pre-parsing or this kind of annoying thing. All your folders are directly browsed by the PS3, there's an automatic refresh also.

Real-time video transcoding via MEncoder, tsMuxer or Avisynth

DVD ISOs images / VIDEO_TS Folder transcoder

OGG/FLAC/MPC/APE audio transcoding

Thumbnail generation for Videos

You can choose with a virtual folder system your audio/subtitle language on the PS3!

All formats PS3 natively supports: MP3/WMA, JPG/PNG/GIF/TIFF, and all kind of videos (AVI, MP4, TS, M2TS, MPEG) the ps3 is willing to play

ZIP/RAR files as browsable folders for pictures/audio files

Preliminary support for pictures based feeds, such as Flickr and Picasaweb

Preliminary Internet TV / Web Radio support with VLC, MEncoder or MPlayer

Windows Only:

Lossless 5.1 PCM transcoding with DTS movies

http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/downloads/list

does everything for you no need to setup finds your c drive navigate from there

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont know maybe but here is the link you can try it for yourself, i did and wow beats tversity and nero everything that i used isnt good as this so i do recommend it

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I downloaded it. It unzipped.

........then nothing happened. What's next? Where do I go to run the app??

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when you run exe at least for me C:\\Users\\makija\\Desktop\\ it says its gona create folder in there with an exe file so it depends where did you unzip it

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by makija /forum/post/15450622

when you run exe at least for me C:\\Users\\makija\\Desktop\\ it says its gona create folder in there with an exe file so it depends where did you unzip it

Gotcha. I redid the zip extraction, only redirected to a place I could find.

The damned thing was trying to upzip itself buried DEEP in the temporary internet folders. And those folder names make no sense whatsoever.

At any rate, ran the .exe and WOW! Pretty cool little application that provides idiot-proof streaming for guys like me that don't want to screw around with changing firewalls and ports. VERY IMPRESSED.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor_Kevin /forum/post/15453151

Gotcha. I redid the zip extraction, only redirected to a place I could find.

The damned thing was trying to upzip itself buried DEEP in the temporary internet folders. And those folder names make no sense whatsoever.

At any rate, ran the .exe and WOW! Pretty cool little application that provides idiot-proof streaming for guys like me that don't want to screw around with changing firewalls and ports. VERY IMPRESSED.

glad it helped man, it was same for me i am not really a fan of spending hours to set something up when there is an easier way.

i watched last night season 1 2 3 of spawn cartoon which are MKV files no problems run without any problems

1 - 8 of 8 Posts