AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any owners or dealers know the difference between these two? Seems the Seatcraft has only two surface options where Jaymar is almost limitless. But I'm almost sure I want black anyway.

Also, I'm 5'10" and am a little concerned about seat back height, which I think is lower than traditional at 38". Will it be an issue? I like the idea of a lower seat back to improve surround effect.

·
Vendor
3,543 Posts
Jaymar is made in Canada, and it is extremely well made furniture. It is also quite expensive.

Seatcraft is owned by Eurotech, and their furniture is made in China. It is nothing else by a Jaymar knock off.

I cannot tell you how the Seatcraft chairs feel, but as much as Jaymar ones look great they are vey uncomfortable Just want to make sure that I am only voicing my opinion and nothing else. When I visited Jaymar showroom and sat in these chairs, I felt like I was sitting on the brick, not mentioning lack of any head support and chaise design.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jaymar is made in Canada, and it is extremely well made furniture. It is also quite expensive.

Seatcraft is owned by Eurotech, and their furniture is made in China. It is nothing else by a Jaymar knock off.

I cannot tell you how the Seatcraft chairs feel, but as much as Jaymar ones look great they are vey uncomfortable Just want to make sure that I am only voicing my opinion and nothing else. When I visited Jaymar showroom and sat in these chairs, I felt like I was sitting on the brick, not mentioning lack of any head support and chaise design.
Well that's what I needed to know. I was hoping to have a seat in one first to see for myself but buying theater chairs is so weird. Even if I were to plop down $20k for chairs it's possible that there are no dealers that have stock for me to try out. That's why these forums are so useful. Thanks for your input. I appreciate it...

·
Vendor
3,543 Posts
You are very welcome.

FYI: Unless money is no issues, and in this case I would recommend Cinematech chairs, you do not have to shell out $20K to get very nice and comfortable recliners that will last you for quite a long time. You can spend fraction of that. Many people on this forum did, and quite happy with what they got.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts