AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my living room done in my new house. I ran a new power outlet and hdmi cable for my wall mount.

I got my couch, tables and tv stand from costco. I think thats my favourite part because when I priced out a living room like this everywhere else just the couch costed $1500. I got all that stuff for $1300.

I think its amazing what I fit in that stand too. That stand is amazing in build quality and design (the inards)

Components:

Panasonic tc-p42c1 (or something like that) I got a good deal on this one.. Plan to upgrade in fall or for xmas.

PS3

XBOX360

HTPC

Bell HD Receiver

Onkyo 606

Onkyo HTIB - center, rears and sub

Harmony 880

Lifestyle bookshelf speakers... (my dad bought these a long time ago)

Linksys wrt50n

I also have a modem, 2 power bars and a RF modulator in there.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi! Nice looking setup!

I'm sure others will follow suit, but here are a couple of minor observations:

-the TV looks like it's mounted a little too high; however, if it looks good to you, then it's perfect!

-the TV looks a little crooked, but that may be due to the camera angle (?)

-if possible, add some ventilation behind the 360 and the PS3, since they are in an enclosed space.

-possibly switch the location of the center speaker and the receiver, so the sound is directed toward the seating area better.

Mild points aside, it's nice looking!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Megadeth /forum/post/18277700

Hi! Nice looking setup!

I'm sure others will follow suit, but here are a couple of minor observations:

-the TV looks like it's mounted a little too high; however, if it looks good to you, then it's perfect!

-the TV looks a little crooked, but that may be due to the camera angle (?)

-if possible, add some ventilation behind the 360 and the PS3, since they are in an enclosed space.

-possibly switch the location of the center speaker and the receiver, so the sound is directed toward the seating area better.

Mild points aside, it's nice looking!

-The tv height is maybe a little high but definitely doable. Not worth making new holes for. I think the picture makes it look higher than it actually is.

-the TV was crooked after I looked at the pic and fixed it after, I guess the wall mount "joint" was flexing a little bit because the TV wasn't center.

-I do plan on doing some ventilation, ps3 and xbox aren't my main concerns, the htpc and receiver are.

-I want all my speakers hidden, I know its not ideal but this way I can also put my htpc on the bottom.

For this setup I'm going more for looks than functionality. When I get to my downstairs projection and sound then I will try to make the best sound possible.

I like the idea of the living room/great room to be the pretty area and downstairs is the fun area.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Well let me say that if your primary goal was aesthetics, you have succeeded! Very beautiful setup.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Nice and clean setup.

Mission accomplished!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Megadeth /forum/post/18278472

Copy that
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikarate /forum/post/18278850

Well let me say that if your primary goal was aesthetics, you have succeeded! Very beautiful setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammie /forum/post/18278879

Nice and clean setup.

Mission accomplished!

thx guys, at least this part was cheap. Downstairs is going to be a different story. Savings account has been opened!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigham16 /forum/post/18280612

That is a really nice credenza and set up. Where did you get it, Costco? How tall is it?

I did get it at costco, its the best credenza ever haha. It has legs that come with it but without the legs its 2 feet tall I believe. Paid $280 for it

I think it was just a limited stock offer like usual at costco.. I'd highly recommend the credenza to anyone if they could ever find it again.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Megadeth /forum/post/18285752

Good job on SAVING for the new stuff and not using credit or emergency fund money!

haha no doubt, especially stuff like this. I dont NEED it, but I'll try my hardest to save up to get it

its low on the todem pole but I don't have any kids yet so I might as well spend now before its too late

1 - 12 of 12 Posts