3201 - 3205 of 3205 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
A glowing review of the 705Ps:

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
I will just give an anecdotal example of my impressions of these speakers.

Because of the pandemic, we needed to setup a 5.1 system to enable remote monitoring of our mixes (for review and sign off) for our show runner on “Lovecraft Country...”

The 705P was my first choice...

We set them up in the space and she used them to listen to our mix stage remotely over the course of the season (12 weeks of mixing....)

We had set them up in a test room next to our mixing stage before moving over to her building and we couldn’t have been happier.

I love these speakers (and the 708’s...). I haven’t heard anything yet that I think approaches the type of sound of a two way horn speaker system on a mixing stage.

IMO highly recommended.

·
Registered
94 Posts
What amp would you guys use or recommend to drive 4 705 used as side and rear in a HT setup? I will have M2 for LCR and figured the 705 would be a good compliment. I'd love to find a less expensive option for sides and rear considering the cost of the amp(s) required, etc.

·
Registered
572 Posts
What amp would you guys use or recommend to drive 4 705 used as side and rear in a HT setup? I will have M2 for LCR and figured the 705 would be a good compliment. I'd love to find a less expensive option for sides and rear considering the cost of the amp(s) required, etc.
You need a network amp to load tuning files. I use the Crown DCiN amps and I am very happy. You can buy B-stock with a five year warranty like new amps for a fraction of the cost. Security, Surveillance, Sound Systems & Pro Audio-Video Equipment - Affinitech Just go to the link and type Crown DCi in the search. Make sure you get the DCiN for network amp.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Does the amp need to be in the same room as the speakers?

If so, BSS BLU-50 processor and any fanless amp with enough power will do. If you're using a different BSS processor for your M2s, you may be able to add input or output cards to it, or a BOB to get 8 additional outputs instead.

If the amp is in a different room, you could still go the BSS route or you could use a Crown DCIn. The Crown amps' fans are too loud to coexist in a listening room, but they're fine in a separate room.

3201 - 3205 of 3205 Posts