AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello!

I have a question about the JBL Control 2.4g wireless speakers. I picked up a pair today for $24 without the remote control a broken clip that pins one of the negative speaker wire. A little piece of folded cardboard, and they work great! I want to use it with a PS3 and also have a splitter off to my Sony Wireless Headphones. The idea is to be able to listen to the wireless headphones to not disturb others but also for more detailed sound for games like Battlefield 3 and The Last of US. And then to have the JBL's for when others want to watch and be able to hear and still use the headphones if desired. The speakers would also be for music and netflix from the PS3, etc. My problem is from the PS3 to the speakers I have no way of controlling the volume without the remote. What is the best fix for this other than a budget AVR? I say no AVR because space is limited and used only for the game console. Should I try to find a replacement remote or get an intermediary device to control volume? Is there a way to control volume directly on the JBLs or PS3?

Any input would be awesome, thank you!

·
Banned
5,023 Posts
See if you can find a remote code and a universal remote that work together for them

other than that a simple in line volume control

·
Banned
5,023 Posts
way cool that will do it wow $24.00 for JBL controls that's a good score !

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Ya, I thought so. Good ol' Goodwill! If I waited til today they would have dropped to a $1.29 (everything of a certain color tag becomes $1.29). But I thought someone would buy them before then or come in at the crack of dawn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts