AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
JBL CX1200 Sealed Build

Bought around 19 of them during BBs black friday sale and after reviewing several members experience and builds, I think I should go with sealed sub using them.

I'm planning to build put 4 drivers on each front corner behind the AT screen, preferably 2 in a one cab so easily movable when needed.

I still have to measure available space left next to the LCR, but I need advice on optimum enclosure volume for these 12s.

Is 6 ft3 per 2 drivers be good enough?

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
3 cf pr driver should work just fine. But you don’t need that big. I run 12 of these (exact same as CS1214 and GTX1200) in ~ 1cf pr driver enclosures, and have reference SPL down to 10 Hz, with a little EQ. All run by one Inuke 6K.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Finally decided to make a 6.5 cab to give 1.5 ft3 per driver
Outer dimensions of the box:
H= 60inch, W = 15.25, D=16.75. Single baffle only.

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

test fit , dropped in 4 of them to glimpse of them .

Attachments

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
Rock on! I am betting you will be surprised with how good these sound....

I switched my enclosure (4 of them in 6cf) to my new EP4000 and love the combo.

Still working on getting the other 3 subs built....

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Original plan is to make double baffle, should I really need it. I just have to glue it and 4 more holes, but Do I?

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Nice job :)
Now you only need to build the other 3 boxes ;)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will let it sit overnight to air out silicone fumes, will paint it tomorrow

·
Registered
208 Posts
Original plan is to make double baffle, should I really need it. I just have to glue it and 4 more holes, but Do I?
I'm not sure it's absolutely necessary, but it certainly wouldn't hurt anything. Overbuilding is part of this game!

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
Double baffle is normally so you can flush mount the drivers. If you dont care to do that, then you save some wood. And if yours will be hidden, I'd just not do it.

I'm not sure if you need it, but you might want a horizontal brace or two in that box.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Double baffle is normally so you can flush mount the drivers. If you dont care to do that, then you save some wood. And if yours will be hidden, I'd just not do it.

I'm not sure if you need it, but you might want a horizontal brace or two in that box.
Sure, I will add few single sticks in them .
These will go behind the screen

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
today's progress , added few braces and waiting for paint to dry

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
Found a seller on Ebay here in Italy who could have a batch arriving in a while, 2 cone boxes!
Will go the same route of the OP, for my tiny four cones availability!

Regards
Alessandro

1 - 20 of 53 Posts