AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of D60 speakers that have pecan emclosures. They have been moved a lot so they do have a few nicks, but overall, Execellent condition. They were my fathers. His name was Tim Woods AKA Mr. Wrestling #1. He was a professional wrestler and had a hi fi store in Atlanta called Mr. Audio. He loved superior audio systems and these speakers were his flagships. He had them set up in a room that was 20'WX30'L. They were driven by Accu-phase amps through an accu-phase pre-amp turner. He ran 2 12 inch dun tek subs and the high were AR-9's. Rear channel was driven by JBL three ways, on a Yamaha amp all run through a DSP. The system was incredible as I remember. My father passed away 10 years and the system was dismanteled, sold and these speakers are the only items left. I kept them because he told me that they were worth a lot of money. He bought them new and they have all of the paper work with them. Warranty card says JBL model number D 60 S8R P 10012 purchased on August 4, 1967. They were originally purchased by Schaak Electronics in Minneapolis Minnesota. After all that, my question:

How much are they worth? I don't want to let them go however I sold my home in order to down size and I don't have any room for them at my new home. I need to sell. I put them on the market for $2000 and started getting calls immediately. After doing research I realized that the drivers along go for $2000. One man came to see them and said that these speakers tweeters (they look like bullet radiator) were not original. He wrong. These are all original. I have a couple of pics that I will try to up load. Anybody have any info or advice? Thank you very much in advance. W3

1 - 2 of 2 Posts