AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WEll since im replacing my kenwoods. Later this month when august ends and I saved up a little more. I want to replace my kenwood rears. They are the ones that used to be the fronts which I now moved them back. Shortly I should be getting in my EC35 and pair of E80s to put up front.

My question is for rear speakers, should I go with E30 or E50? Would it make much difference for rear sound?

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
I think the E50's sound better, but as rears it may not make as big of a difference, if it were mains I would definalty say get the 50's. How big is your room, if it is on the smaller side, then get the 30's. If it is a bigger room get the 50's. I don't think there is too much of a price difference between the two, so if you went with the 50's now, you may have that upgrade bug in the back of your head wondering if you would have been better off going with the 50's.

Another thing to consider is using 50's all around. It will save you money from buying the 80's and you can put the extra cash into a bigger sub

·
Registered
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davdev
Another thing to consider is using 50's all around. It will save you money from buying the 80's and you can put the extra cash into a bigger sub
I have to agree with what he said here. I went a got (6) E50s and an EC35 for the center. I used to be a believer in floor standing fronts, but no longer. The E50 is a GREAT speakers, especially for its size. Additionally, having nearly all seven speakers the same adds more realism to movies' effects.

Oh, and to answer your question more directly, I'd get the E50 instead of the E30.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The shipment of the E80 and EC-35 are now being sent from electronics-expo.com. I found at B&H Photo they have the E50's cheaper than EE about $25 cheaper which is cool :). I may get the matching E50's soon. I'm trying to upgrade for the far future and plan on having these speakers for quite a few years.

My kenwood sub is fine, it's boomy but not punchy which is what I kind of prefer. so I'll keep it for awhile.

Fronts: JBL E80

Center: JBL EC-35

Rear: JBL E50 (plan on getting)

Subwoofer: Kenwood 10"

I think will be a nice upgrade over my kenwood speakers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
First post here...(more of a lurker, really)

Quick Question:

For those of you who have the E50's/E30's - What stands do you use? I'm having some trouble finding something sturdy enough. With a dog running around, I'd hate to see either, my dog or my speakers (in that order, I think), injured. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just out of curiosity what are you doing with your Kenwoods? I have the Kenwood KVS series as my front and surround but I can not find a decent Kenwood center. If you have one and are selling it let me know.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have recently read where JBL's have the reputation of being a good rock & roll speaker. Do any of you JBL owners know why that is?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.