AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a pretty good deal on these but I wanted to see what the back of them looked like? Anyone have any pics of the hook ups?

I'm planning on buying speaker wire as the current wire that I have is pretty thin. I'm just curious what the hook ups look like to the back of the speakers and what wire type or specs you'd recommend. I think the distance will be ~4 feet of wire to each speaker if that matters.

Also, I've currently got some 6" bookshelf speakers (2 way) - will I hear a huge difference given the E80's are also 6" speakers?

I'm currently running a Sony receiver, something ~3 years old I *think* it says 100x5, but I don't know what the real output is.

I'm planning on getting a Yammy HTR5760, think that ought to drive those floor speakers alright?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Chad,

The E80s are bi-wirable, so they have 2 sets of binding posts in the back. BB carries the E80 and it is usually hooked up to a Yammy. I think CompUSA may have them too.

As for speaker wires, with such a short run, get some decent 14ga. copper speaker wire at HomeDepot, Lowes, Radio Shack or Parts Express.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Here is a picture of the back of an E80... the picture is slightly out of focus.

The E80's are biampable, so they have 4 binding posts. A included gold (or brass?) plate is placed in between each each of binding posts if you are not biamping the speakers.

Overall I'm very happy with the E80s. Nice sounding speakers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.