AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JBL ES80BK vs Martin Logan Motion 12, how do they compare?

·
Registered
742 Posts
acoustically? I don't actually know. But on paper, they look almost the same (which is probably why you ask).

I don't have specific experience with either, but I di have JBL's previous model entry level speakers (the Venue series). They were fantastic. It looks like the ES speakers are basically the same. However, the prices look pretty high for what you get.

As far as comparing them to the Motion 12s, I like the looks of the JBLs better. I kinda doubt there's much discernable audible difference between them, though.

For the money, I think much better speakers can be had. Given the choices, I like the JBLs.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love the Motion 12's and have never heard the JBL's before but the JBL's are on sale at a pretty nice price right now.

·
Registered
742 Posts
If you have heard the Motion 12s and love them, then I'd say there's no decision.

....unless the JBLs are that much of a sweet deal. I personally wouldn't pay much over half of retail for them, IF I were to buy them.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Son /forum/post/20873149

If you have heard the Motion 12s and love them, then I'd say there's no decision.

....unless the JBLs are that much of a sweet deal. I personally wouldn't pay much over half of retail for them, IF I were to buy them.

$150 each + tax, and then I have 6 JBL E10 speakers and 1 EC25 Center Channel. I thought I'd ad two PA-120 subs later. I've never heard the JBL towers though, or any of the JBL's for that matter. If I stay with Martin Logan I'm looking at $800 for the two towers and adding additional ML speakers as I find the time and money. Is there a big diference in the sound between the JBL and the Martins?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.