AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone on here is trying to sell me this full system for what seems to be a good price($600) considering 10 years ago it was very expensive...but thats just the problem for me 10 years ago.....is that something I want to buy something that old....Supposed to have GREAT sound which I can believe....

I cannnot find any reviews online and really much info about it at all...

Please let me know if u have this system or have heard it, or know where I can read some reviews!

Thanks alot.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 2 subs are model number HT1S, the fronts are HT1F, and the dipole surrounds are model number HT1D...thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes i know what they look like and I just want o see some reviews if anone can find them or give me their personal review....thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm probably a bit late, but if you aren't going to buy these, I'd sure like to.

I have a pair of HT1D's and tried them as surround speakers when I went to 7.1 (with Pinnacle Mains, Center and Rear Surrounds). Very nice sound with great dispersion of audio for surround effects. Much better than the other di/bipoles I've tried.

Unfortunately, they're the only speakers I have from JBL's HT1 system. For that price, I'd sure like to try a complete system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used to sell AV in 93 & bought the whole "THX Certified System". It had 7 speakers (2 of the HT1S passsive Subs) & Kenwood amps. I noted this certification because THX required everything be matched (see THX.com). The system really delivers in this configuration. What you hook up to the JBL's could make a dramatic difference-good or bad. Like most systems designed for Home Theater, it does a better job on movies than music. Overall, it's a great performer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts