AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of JBL L100's sitting in our basement and was wondering whether it would be wise to incorporate them into a home theater that I am building. The room is 12 by 14 feet and I will soon be receiving a BenQ PE8700 DLP Projector. Also, what other speakers would you specifically suggest that I purchase to to create a 5.1 configuration that is compatible with these L100's. I don't think I would want to spend more than $1,000. for the remaining speakers. Or should I simply start from scratch. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
No real advice to give you, but I was noticing in the Speaker Hall of Fame thread here on AVS that the JBL L100 is mentioned there, so it might be a good idea to hold onto it!

·
Registered
563 Posts
I would dust them off, hook them up and crank the JBLs. If they sound good to you, then you are all set for starters. To round out your system, consider the following:

Ctr-EC35

Surr-E50

Sub-SVS PB10

You'll have a couple of bucks left over...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Yung, I saw them listed there and they really are too good to just toss but I'm not sure how they will mix with other speakers, and which speakers to add.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Ranster. I'm encouraged to keep these babies, in spite of my wife's objections that they are ugly. But then again, so is....no , I better not go there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.