AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey guys. So I've finally been able to choose my receiver, Denon x4000, and my subwoofer, SVS PB12-Plus. I'm now trying to figure out which speakers to choose. Right now, here are the options I'm interested in:

- JBL On-Wall: Studio L810 

- JBL On-Wall: Studio L820 

- JBL Floorstanding Front Left & Front Right: Studio L890 

- JBL Center: LC2 

I'm still not sure if I want to do floor stand speakers; so if not, I would use the 810's and 820's. 

The other brand I was interested in was Triad. Unfortunately, I was unable to come across any prices on their website or any other website. If anyone has any of their speakers and can provide some suggestions/insight, I'd greatly appreciate it.

My budget is $1,500.

Let me know any thoughts/suggestions/concerns. 

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Hi,

The L810 & L820 are more of a Surround type speaker and are designed to be wall mounted. They have brackets for hanging them flush against the wall. The L890s are terrific for front L&R. That's what I use with the L820s side and rear, LC2 for Center. The L820 is a better match for the L890s than the L810.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob7145  /t/1523995/jbl-l-series-triad#post_24521352

Hi,

The L810 & L820 are more of a Surround type speaker and are designed to be wall mounted. They have brackets for hanging them flush against the wall. The L890s are terrific for front L&R. That's what I use with the L820s side and rear, LC2 for Center. The L820 is a better match for the L890s than the L810.

Hi Bob. Thank you for your response. I figured the 820 would be a better match. How do they sound be mounted on the wall rather than an in wall speaker?

How long have you had your JBL's?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Go with the floor standing! You won't regret it.

Also, the receiver on Amazon has a $100 gift card attached to it (I didn't see how much you were getting it for though).

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerson1  /t/1523995/jbl-l-series-triad#post_24524049

Go with the floor standing! You won't regret it.

Also, the receiver on Amazon has a $100 gift card attached to it (I didn't see how much you were getting it for though).

I'll actually be getting the receiver for less through my contractor but thanks for letting me know!

Does anyone know anything about the Triad brand?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts