AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently started to upgrade my surround sound hardware. I already own the Yamaha V663 7.2 Channel AVR and have been working on new speakers with a limited budget. I just now purchased the Polk Audio CS1 Series II Center Channel Speaker (on sale for $65) and a pair of Polk Audio Monitor40 Series II Two-Way Bookshelf Loudspeakers (on sale for $120). Once I receive the monitors I plan to use my current Yamaha Three-Way Bookshelf Speakers as my rear surrounds.

I am confident that I will be happy with those mentioned upgrades. However, I am still stick with this El Cheapo 60-watt Tiny-Tim RCA Subwoofer (10-3/4 x 10-1/2 x 12 in.). A buddy of mine proposed to me the JBL PW-1200 12" Subwoofer that he had lying around and I hooked it up. Of course I was pleased with how it sounded (preferably for movies) compared to my 60-watt shoe box.

My buddy and I have not yet negotiated a price or if I am willing to purchase it from him. I am also still researching other woofers. The advice I am looking from you guys is by me upgrading my subwoofer on a limited budget (~$100), if this JBL PSW-1200 is worth my time and money. Perhaps someone can help me out on a reasonable price for this second-hand woofer or point me in a new direction.

Thanks in advance,

electrickrypt

1 - 1 of 1 Posts