AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has these speakers what stands do you use for them? The reason I ask is because when you use them in the recommended position (horizontal) they're 18" wide. I havent seen any stands that would accomodate them this way. I guess the only way would be to turn them vertically. I dont have any shelves and cant put any in. Not in the front anyway. Maybe I'll have to get the S-310II floorstanders for the front instead.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I own the N38 floorstanding speakers and they do no stand very well on carpet. They sometimes fall foward even when not hooked up! I would have to recommend the JBL Studio series or another brand.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Yeah I own the N38IIs and they stand fine on my carpet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I purchased my N38 the first generation from Best Buy and they will not do anything about the fact that they will not stand on carpet! Any suggestions on how to deal with Best Buy?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
benamaster

You didn't say how long you've had the speakers but if it's less than 30 days the best way to deal with Best Buy is to return them for a full refund. You'll be able to get a much better price from jandr.com anyway. J&R music (jandr.com) has the JBL line on sale. For instance they have the S38II's on sale for $299 a pair and I think Best Buys price was $475.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I have the S310's and they're solid and stable. I have the S38s in back on 36" Bell'o stands. They're not perfect but they get them up higher than most other stands. Eventually I'm going to wall mount them or have some shelves built.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
joe_m

What are the dimensions of the top plate where the speakers sit on those stands? Do they seem sturdy? Where did you get them?

Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.