AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Harmon AVR 3600 receiver with JBL L820 for my L & R fornt speakers. My back speakers are the JBl LS360C and my sub is a JBL L8400. Would the TIk center channel from JBL be a good option for my center channel. I am wounder because I can get a good deal on one but it is a 2 way speaker and all of my other speakers are 3 way. Will this make any difference or not.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have JBL L820 surrounds (effectively 3-way - I don't count supertweeters) and an LC1 centre speaker (effectively two-way) paired with JBL Ti10K front speakers (true four-way speakers). The TiK speakers are clearly the higher-end portion of my setup but in terms of finding the closest match for the TiKs, the L Studio series was the best I could find and fitted within the budget. They sound very good together for movies even if they are tonally slightly different. The YPAO on my Yamaha seems to close the gap a little. Most importantly they are all from the same company and all run titanium dome tweeters.

I wouldn't worry about the two-way vs three-way thing. The TiK centre channel was designed to go with the Ti2Ks (two-way), the Ti6Ks (three-way) or the Ti10Ks (four-way).

If you don't go with the TiK centre I can whole heartedly recommend the LC1.

Cheers

Phil

·
Registered
548 Posts
I would recommend another L820 or LC2. Both would be a better match than a TiK center and should cost about the same or much less, unless you are getting a very great deal on the TiK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts