AVS Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I think I have decided to pass on the 530's and go with the Infinity R162 when they go on sale again. Recently the Infinity website had them on sale for only $160 for the pair ($450 now). All these Harman Kardon brands have sales, especially Good Friday.
Im considering the Infinity towers and center as we speak.

·
Registered
16,940 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
It's too bad they don't have the RC263 center on sale; the RC252 has smaller woofers.
Last Infinity sale (maybe a month ago) the RC262 was only $160. Means you could get the total front soundstage (2 - R162 and RC162) for $320 total. I think it will be back this year.

Reactions: Zorba922

·
Registered
695 Posts
as far as the 530's go, you would want a sub. The imaging on the 530's is outstanding. and overall, they are just plain fun for music. But adding a sub even a low cost 100 / polk, etc. add the necessary depth to the sound stage. for near field, I would suggest you consider the Ascend Acoustics CBM -170. also with sub - a little more clarity on the upper end as compared to the 530's. but on the fun scale, I would give the edge to the JBLs.

rock on
Good post, I missed it. In my comparison I listened to the Ascend Sierra-1 and found it to be an incredible speaker but detailed to the point where poorly recorded material was horrible to listen to. The JBL by comparison was slightly less detailed but not by much and they were far more forgiving of poorly recorded material. I think a small sub is a great idea for any bookshelf in this price class.

Reactions: smithsabom

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
It's too bad they don't have the RC263 center on sale; the RC252 has smaller woofers.
Yeah, that is too bad. I’m sure the RC252 will still be better than my monoprice center though. Plus, I’m not sure I can even make room for either center on my entertainment center.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Last Infinity sale (maybe a month ago) the RC262 was only $160. Means you could get the total front soundstage (2 - R162 and RC162) for $320 total. I think it will be back this year.
The way it’s been going lately, I’m sure they will be on sale again. I’m surprised these Infinity sales have been going on as long as they have though since it was originally suspected they were going to close out the line. Makes me wonder if Samsung really is considering keeping Infinity as a brand and is working on a new line.

·
Registered
16,940 Posts
Yeah, that is too bad. I’m sure the RC252 will still be better than my monoprice center though. Plus, I’m not sure I can even make room for either center on my entertainment center.
Well, Infinity gives you free return shipping so there's nothing to lose.

I'd do ANYTHING needed to make room for a decent sized center speaker. That is the real backbone of any HT setup, does most of the output.

Reactions: Vergiliusm
41 - 47 of 47 Posts