AVS Forum banner

3721 - 3740 of 3802 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Are 570s tall enough for that? Or using some kind of stands?
I have stands for the 530s, so I'll use the same for the 570s. The rears have to be a bit high to clear the back row so I think if anything, the 570s may be a bit too tall with the stands.

My 580s as side surrounds are just slightly above ear height when seated, so I know the 570s wouldn't be tall enough without a stand.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have stands for the 530s, so I'll use the same for the 570s. The rears have to be a bit high to clear the back row so I think if anything, the 570s may be a bit too tall with the stands.

My 580s as side surrounds are just slightly above ear height when seated, so I know the 570s wouldn't be tall enough without a stand.

How tall are your stands?

·
Registered
356 Posts
While not a 5 series deal, I found the Arena 8IC in ceiling speakers are on sale (after adding to cart) for $99/ea!

·
Registered
611 Posts
While not a 5 series deal, I found the Arena 8IC in ceiling speakers are on sale (after adding to cart) for $99/ea!

That's pretty good! I got the 227's for that a piece, but once you factor in grilles and the mandatory backcans, the price quickly shot up past that per piece. Had I known better, I would have gotten the Arena's instead.

·
Registered
356 Posts
That's pretty good! I got the 227's for that a piece, but once you factor in grilles and the mandatory backcans, the price quickly shot up past that per piece. Had I known better, I would have gotten the Arena's instead.
I thought it was a pretty good deal. I have the SP8CII currently, but they are just OK. Hoping these will be an upgrade.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Have you installed your 227 yet? I haven’t installed mine but I got a few more things to get but I went all out got the Xmc-2 3 older parasound amps doing 9.2.6. I hope to have it all installed by the end of Novembe.

allen

·
Registered
611 Posts
Have you installed your 227 yet? I haven’t installed mine but I got a few more things to get but I went all out got the Xmc-2 3 older parasound amps doing 9.2.6. I hope to have it all installed by the end of Novembe.

allen
Nope. Probably won't install until next year. The house we bought was tenant occupied and will stay that way until the end of the year it seems.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am actually considering going for the 590s if/when they go on sale to replace my Emotiva T1+'s, which I would keep in a separate room. My only hesitation is that currently I have an ALL Emotiva speaker set, which this would break. But, I've read here where many feel the Emotiva C2+ is the perfect match for the 590s - so my LCR would seemingly be a solid set for my new bigger basement.

Then I also still need to buy 4 additional speakers to round out my 7.2.4. Currently I have 2 Emotiva E2 surrounds and 2 Emotiva A1s. A part of me wants to get the JBL 530s to use as L/R surrounds (big I know, but would pair with the 590s, and these need to be on stands anyway), then I would have the Emotiva E2s (rear surrounds?), and A1's (height or figure out a way to ceiling mount?) plus maybe another pair of A1s or something else. OR, I use another set of 530s for rear surrounds and figure out a way to repurpose the E2s and A1s for Atmos.

Appreciate any feedback on this concept...
I tried my 590s with a 235c and a 520c and ended up using the Emotiva C2. No regrets.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I tried my 590s with a 235c and a 520c and ended up using the Emotiva C2. No regrets.
I was originally running my 590 with klipsch side surrounds and a pair of klipsch rp500m I think and it really sounded good. The 530 went on sale and I bought two pair I really can’t tell a difference but I really liked the klipsch side surround S502 I think. I thought about putting it back in my system but I know I have the best match with my all JBLs system.
Allen

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was originally running my 590 with klipsch side surrounds and a pair of klipsch rp500m I think and it really sounded good. The 530 went on sale and I bought two pair I really can’t tell a difference but I really liked the klipsch side surround S502 I think. I thought about putting it back in my system but I know I have the best match with my all JBLs system.
Allen
I'm using 530s as surrounds and before that I had Elac B6.2s. I agree that surrounds aren't very important, but like you want to do the 'best match'. It's why I still have my 520 in a box, just in case some future wizardry makes the full series 5 better than using emotiva center

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Reactions: jlm86

·
Registered
611 Posts
any reviews on the 570s
x2...i an anxiously awaiting peoples thoughts .. i might try to grab a refurb pair at some point...
Sorry guys, I set one of the up for the photo and then never plugged it in. Work has been a bear. Got a 3 day weekend coming up. Will have to do some listening!

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Sorry guys, I set one of the up for the photo and then never plugged it in. Work has been a bear. Got a 3 day weekend coming up. Will have to do some listening!
awesome .. i'm looking forward to your thoughts

·
Registered
15,230 Posts
the 570 (as i recall) is a very close cousin to the 530 .. same mid driver , but 2 of them in a larger cab.... i would assume they are very close in sq......
Some have stated the 530 bookshelfs run out of steam when pushed with some port chuffing. I wonder if the 570 would be a better consideration.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
3721 - 3740 of 3802 Posts