AVS Forum banner

3741 - 3760 of 3802 Posts

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Speaking of the 570s, they're on sale for $199 ea today!

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
i kinda think the 570's may be the sweet spot in the line.. 530's with some kick... i may grab a pr when the refurbs go deep (new are on sale at $199 each right now)...
Some have stated the 530 bookshelfs run out of steam when pushed with some port chuffing. I wonder if the 570 would be a better consideration.

·
Registered
334 Posts
570 are tempting but already have 530s as my surrounds

·
Registered
356 Posts
For only $100 more, comparing sale prices, I think if you can fit the 570s, I'd say go for it.

They are the same width as the 530s, just about twice as tall.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
x3.. knowing what i know, if i could do it over again , i'd do the 570's.. and if/ when they do a refurb sale under $200/ speaker .. i might...

·
Registered
356 Posts
x3.. knowing what i know, if i could do it over again , i'd do the 570's.. and if/ when they do a refurb sale under $200/ speaker .. i might...
Honestly in hindsight (as much as I love the 590 and 580), I don't think performance with a sub would be "worse" if I was running all 570s. And it would have saved me a pretty penny as well.

·
Registered
15,230 Posts
Honestly in hindsight (as much as I love the 590 and 580), I don't think performance with a sub would be "worse" if I was running all 570s. And it would have saved me a pretty penny as well.
You would probably have to raise the crossover by more than 80 Hz, which is the highest I would ever go with a speaker/sub combo as you would start "leaking" directional bass frequencies to the subwoofer (those that are easier to locate with the human ear). Their frequency response specs are a little "over zealous." The 570's, while a bit better than the 530's, are less easy to drive as well due to their lower sensitivity than the 580 and 590's.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
You would probably have to raise the crossover by more than 80 Hz, which is the highest I would ever go with a speaker/sub combo as you would start "leaking" directional bass frequencies to the subwoofer (those that are easier to locate with the human ear). Their frequency response specs are a little "over zealous." The 570's, while a bit better than the 530's, are less easy to drive as well due to their lower sensitivity than the 580 and 590's.
my scenario is strictly small room ,,, in a big room i would do the 580's/590's...

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
in a bigger room the 580/590 have some advantages...but the 570's would be great in a small room ...

Reactions: diablo900t

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
570's are 34" tall, so short tower. Very good design as shown in measurements. Needs a subwoofer and has a high frequency rolloff, so both ends of the spectrum are a little underwhelming but at $400/pair that's one heck of a deal. Good luck finding better at that price. I have no system in need of something like this but for a budget system I can't think of $400 better spent other than the Infinitys when on sale. Personally I think I'd prefer to step up to a larger JBL Studio or ELAC DBR or something.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
570's are 34" tall, so short tower. Very good design as shown in measurements. Needs a subwoofer and has a high frequency rolloff, so both ends of the spectrum are a little underwhelming but at $400/pair that's one heck of a deal. Good luck finding better at that price. I have no system in need of something like this but for a budget system I can't think of $400 better spent other than the Infinitys when on sale. Personally I think I'd prefer to step up to a larger JBL Studio or ELAC DBR or something.
yep , fully agree .. the 570's would be great for me based on having a "tiny" ht room(12x14.. with furniture).. i couldn't even have them in my other set up...my issue would be to get value out of the b1 mods if i got the 570's.. the b1's are just too good to put away and they probably have no resale value anywhere near the performance level..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi, I would greatly appreciate feedback from this community -- I've had my eye on the Revel Performa3 F206s for a while and was expecting to wait until early next year to purchase. I am not an experienced audiophile (NAD 758 v3i receiver, Denon CD player) but have been a loyal Infinity Beta 50 owner and thought Revel would be a good option because I know Revel and Infinity share engineering and components. I was on the Harman site and found these amazing-looking Studio 590s for what seemed a ridiculous sale price and thought hey, another Harman brand, I have to do some due diligence.

What's with Harman? I bought Infinity Reference 253 towers for $179 each two months ago and they are insanely good at that price point. These Studio 590s have near-legendary status, why has Harman been discounting them for so long? Seems like based on owner enthusiasm and reviews, they are diluting these brands and leaving money on the table, but that's for them to worry about I guess.

I'm seriously thinking on the Studio 590s instead of the Revels, based on price obviously, but also the enthusiasm of the reviews and how awesome they look -- would appreciate if anyone has feedback on pros/cons.

Thank you!

·
Registered
23 Posts
My advice, if you were already looking at spending F208 money, you should do it and eliminate the what-if factor that will inevitably come up later. The JBL Studio is very good for the money, but Revel Performa3 is better in every way.
Sound advice, thank you, yeah that $3,500 is already mentally spent.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Sound advice, thank you, yeah that $3,500 is already mentally spent.
if for some reason you want to "economize" the 590's should really be fine.. i have the 530's, they are well worth the price i paid($280)....

Reactions: Tom in Chicago

·
Registered
23 Posts
if for some reason you want to "economize" the 590's should really be fine.. i have the 530's, they are well worth the price i paid($280)....
Thank you for responding. As I started the research process I've just been overwhelmed with the choices at the different price points and how often lower-priced speakers are raved about for performing as if they are much pricier. I need to go demo the Revels. Getting those monsters for only $1k is so tempting...

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
The Revels are going to be hard to beat.. I think it is a great choice.. But... If you decide to save money those 590s should be pretty good...

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
What would you say is the best crossover settings for the 530's and the 520C?
80 is as good a place to start as any.. It's somewhat room dependent

3741 - 3760 of 3802 Posts