AVS Forum banner

3781 - 3800 of 3996 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
So I have a pair of infinity 253s on order but see the JBL 570s are on sale, any thoughts on which would be better? My first love is music, but I am eventually building out the system to be a 5.2.4 system.
Yes, looking at 570s now for LR main
Using a 520c/hsu vtf-15 sub, and am not certain on decision.
I listen to pretty loud HT/music
530s
570s
580s $800-900

You think the 570s have the same crossover as a 530s?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Yes, looking at 570s now for LR main
Using a 520c/hsu vtf-15 sub, and am not certain on decision.
I listen to pretty loud HT/music
530s
570s
580s $800-900

You think the 570s have the same crossover as a 530s?

yes. the crossover from woofer to tweeter is 1.5k hz on both.... as far as sub integration , there shouldn't be much difference..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can't speak to the 570s other than I'm on these threads trying to figure out between the 590s and the Revel Performa3 F206s. I've had the 253s for about a month and run them from an NAD 758 T vi3. I replaced old Infinity Beta 50s with them and plan on switching them to my surround speakers. I can attest that the 253s are insanely good for the money, so you're not going to go wrong with them, and they look great. There's a review of the larger 263s I've included below, which are the same except larger woofers. May be worth a read before you make any changes.

Thanks, that's why I went with the 253s originally, that review looks great. I should have mentioned I am planning on using these speakers in the future as my surrounds, as you are doing. I have both the 253s and the 570s on order now and will see which I prefer.

What's your listening distance? If you're too close you won't get coherency at your ears from the tweeter and drivers.

Depends on your room. 253s have wider dispersion and will require more care with placement to minimize room interaction. 570s have narrower dispersion and if toed-in sufficiently can eliminate a lot of room interaction.
Thank you, I think I will be happy either way, but will trial both and see what works best for me. I will play with "extreme" toe in, using this as a guide: http://libinst.com/PublicArticles/Setup of WG Speakers.pdf and see how they respond.

·
Registered
340 Posts
x2...i an anxiously awaiting peoples thoughts .. i might try to grab a refurb pair at some point...
Did you get the 570s ?
cannot understand why there are no true reviews of the 570s ? The price is great at 400/pair, but i keep coming back to the 530s', using with hsu vft sub...
thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks, that's why I went with the 253s originally, that review looks great. I should have mentioned I am planning on using these speakers in the future as my surrounds, as you are doing. I have both the 253s and the 570s on order now and will see which I prefer.

Thank you, I think I will be happy either way, but will trial both and see what works best for me. I will play with "extreme" toe in, using this as a guide: http://libinst.com/PublicArticles/Setup of WG Speakers.pdf and see how they respond.
Please let me know which you prefer. I'm leaning toward Revels because the Infinity Reference series is kind of portrayed as budget versions of Revels and I love the 253's mids and highs. But every time I see those 590s I want to press the buy button ;) Enjoy your demos.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Did you get the 570s ?
cannot understand why there are no true reviews of the 570s ? The price is great at 400/pair, but i keep coming back to the 530s', using with hsu vft sub...
thanks
not yet/ i'm not gonna grab them at $200 per yet... i'm gonna see what the refurb price is... no reviews b/c they haven't been in production for several yrs...

Reactions: jlm86

·
Registered
561 Posts
They may sound great ? But man they are ugly .

It’s as if they made them for wives to laugh at and then turn and say ... no .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6,064 Posts

beautiful is in the eye of the beholder... and a person can get used to most anything,,, but in general i don't disagree.. the thing is , anybody that wants to make fun of my 530's can keep it to themselves.. they sound that good vs price paid imo...

Reactions: Deaf-Forever

·
Registered
561 Posts
beautiful is in the eye of the beholder... and a person can get used to most anything,,, but in general i don't disagree.. the thing is , anybody that wants to make fun of my 530's can keep it to themselves.. they sound that good vs price paid imo...
I had the 230 bookshelves - bombastic speakers - looked ready for war.

Great sound I know

·
Registered
340 Posts
Settings for: crossover and sub
Jbl 530 LR
Jbl 520c
Hsu vtf-15 sub

??
Configuration "small"
Crossover 80hz
sub 120hz LF crossover

Thanks

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Settings for: crossover and sub
Jbl 530 LR
Jbl 520c
Hsu vtf-15 sub

??
Configuration "small"
Crossover 80hz
sub 120hz LF crossover

Thanks

sounds like a reasonable place to start...

·
Registered
I like big cones and I cannot lie !
1,326 Posts

They are not that bad. Big, black, and great sounding. What more do you want out of life? I think they look futuristic. Dropped out of a spaceship. Or, as another member described, Batman designed. There is the Infinity's for a more subdued look.

Or this! On sale even!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just setup my new (refurbished) 530s..
Denon x3600. Set to 6 ohms
530 LR
520c
Hsu vtf-15 sub

Now on to the show....

·
Registered
951 Posts
They are not that bad. Big, black, and great sounding. What more do you want out of life? I think they look futuristic. Dropped out of a spaceship. Or, as another member described, Batman designed. There is the Infinity's for a more subdued look.

Or this! On sale even!

View attachment 3048583
I don't think the Studio 5 series is all that bad looking either. Better then the Studio 1 series. But not any where near as good as the Studio L, especially in cherry. Sometimes value and performance can trump looks. Then again, 110,847 people bought an Edsel and it didn't have any of those three qualities!

3781 - 3800 of 3996 Posts