AVS Forum banner

3801 - 3820 of 3996 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Question....
JBL 530s/520c + hsu sub

Denon AVR 3600 vs. avr w/ multi channel amp..

Significant difference you think?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Question....
JBL 530s/520c + hsu sub

Denon AVR 3600 vs. avr w/ multi channel amp..

Significant difference you think?
Doubt it. Especially if you have a crossover setup properly in your AVR I can't see you needing any more power. Much better off spending the time and money on a good measurement microphone, room treatment and learning how to implement it properly.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi JBL fans. My Studio 590s were shipped by Southeastern Freight Lines as opposed to a "standard" carrier like UPS, FedEx, etc. Will this delivery come directly to my home or only to a depot that I'll have to pick up from? The tracking website says "at destination," but has not yet made it to my home, and the JBL site, order confirmation, and delivery confirmation didn't mention any special delivery considerations.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Hi JBL fans. My Studio 590s were shipped by Southeastern Freight Lines as opposed to a "standard" carrier like UPS, FedEx, etc. Will this delivery come directly to my home or only to a depot that I'll have to pick up from? The tracking website says "at destination," but has not yet made it to my home, and the JBL site, order confirmation, and delivery confirmation didn't mention any special delivery considerations.
Mine came by freight but I chose to pick it up at the depo. I just called and set up a time to get them.
Allen

·
Registered
62 Posts
Does it take forever if you have them deliver it to your door?

Edit : actually just got a call from them to schedule the delivery on Monday, not bad!
I'd let them deliver. Mine came via Freight and that was WAYYY better than my Infinity speakers that came from Harmon vs UPS who destroy those speakers. My 590s were in perfect shape and are doing great.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'd let them deliver. Mine came via Freight and that was WAYYY better than my Infinity speakers that came from Harmon vs UPS who destroy those speakers. My 590s were in perfect shape and are doing great.
Yup, going to do just that. I also ordered the RC263 towers for a comparison, but they were backordered until next week, so still unsure of which delivery method they'll use for those.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yup, going to do just that. I also ordered the RC263 towers for a comparison, but they were backordered until next week, so still unsure of which delivery method they'll use for those.
It will be UPS and it's 50/50 they are in perfect shape. I had a couple with problems but their customer service took care of it. still a pain. But I'm happy with both the Infinity and really happy with the 590s

I know most people swear speaker break in is a myth but particularly with the JBL 590 and 530's I had, they took a while to sound their best. Not sure if anyone else had the same.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
It will be UPS and it's 50/50 they are in perfect shape. I had a couple with problems but their customer service took care of it. still a pain. But I'm happy with both the Infinity and really happy with the 590s

I know most people swear speaker break in is a myth but particularly with the JBL 590 and 530's I had, they took a while to sound their best. Not sure if anyone else had the same.
i attribute my changes to ear break in (mostly), but yes , i agree things "changed"

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Congrats and enjoy! My 590s are being delivered tomorrow. I'm 49 and it's like I'm 8 years old on Christmas eve...
just wait until you here them..

Reactions: Tom in Chicago

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice, what center are you using? sorry I can't tell from here. You will love the 590s once they get broken in
That's actually the Sonos Playbar that we were using previously, for now this is just a 2.0 system. If I end up keeping the 590s, I'll probably end up getting the Emotiva C2+ center. However, my wife isn't crazy about the size of these, which I hope to manipulate into her letting me increase the budget.

·
Registered
I like big cones and I cannot lie !
1,326 Posts
Congrats and enjoy! My 590s are being delivered tomorrow. I'm 49 and it's like I'm 8 years old on Christmas eve...
I was just going to give you a poke to see if you had them. Do report back when you get them hooked up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was just going to give you a poke to see if you had them. Do report back when you get them hooked up.
Finally coming tomorrow. Finally. I think Harman lost them and they've been sitting at a warehouse next to Midway for a few days. Will definitely let you know how it goes, thanks for checking in.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here they are. Got them at 9 am, full day of listening. A lot of Radiohead, Hendrix, Keith Jarrett, some R&B to put them through their paces. I am running them through an NAD T758 v3 at 110 watts at two channels.

As you can see, not a big room. I was worried they'd be too large. Not so at all.

What is so amazing is how big they sound without being overwhelming. They keep the detail and separation. The soundstage is astounding. Huge, HUGE, but still intimate. These things are organic, it's like they're alive. The sound is everywhere, the center image is huge and moves with you. The vocals are right in your ear like the singer is sitting next to you.

When I played Kid A it was like I was in a spaceship. Sounds coming from every direction. Just laughed like a kid.

The wow factor is beyond even the expectations created on this thread.

People who don't have them wonder, as I did, why they can sound so good at this price point. I think the clear answer is size. I was going to buy the Revel Performas, which are 30ish pounds each. These are 70lbs each and there's probably a ton of engineering that goes into creating this scale of sound in a smaller package. Regardless, these are upgrade-proof. I can't imagine how much better it gets as the break in.

Thank you so much for your review. It sealed the deal. I am so glad I went with these. Just amazed.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Man, I love my F35s but have always had an itch to give the 590s a go and y'all aren't helping :)
i gotta tell you, after listening to the 530's , i've lost all "upgrade-itis".. between the 530's and my emo mods , it's all good .. i know there are many snickering at this thought , let em spend more...

3801 - 3820 of 3996 Posts