AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im pretty sure JBL no longer makes the Studio line of speakers but does anyone know why? or if there will be a replacment. Also I have a 5.1 setup now consisting of an s-centerII, 2 s-38's and 2 s-36ii's anyways im looking to go to a 7.1 and would like to get more s-36's which are difficult to locate. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bet your system sounds incredible.

anyways go here:
www.soundbroker.com

reputable website - have never had a problem dealing with them.

lots of JBL studio monitors although couldn't find s-36. May be worth posting a wanted ad.

where are you located ? would love to hear this setup.

craig.

·
Registered
920 Posts
The E50's are not quite the same as the Studio series' S38. The 50 has a 3" inch mid range and a 3/4" titanium laminate tweeter. The 38 has a 4" mid and a 1" fully titanium tweet. I use the EC35 with a pr of S38 for my mains the EC35 is like the E50 in how it differs. Very close match though.

EBAY has S26's and S36 all the time.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone know why JBL cancelled this line? it seems like it was a good line and ppl seemed to like it

·
Premium Member
7,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LaxStar18
Anyone know why JBL cancelled this line? it seems like it was a good line and ppl seemed to like it
I'd say it was due to a desire on their part to simplify their lineup. The Northridge and Studio series were not that far apart price or performance wise. The E Series essentially combines the two lines at a mid-point price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.