AVS Forum banner

3441 - 3460 of 3613 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Thanks, I thought as much. That is, to stream movies, my HTPC would need a direct HDMI connection to the SPD-55. But I was hoping otherwise. I was hoping I could leave the HTPC where it is upstairs, rather than moving it to the basement, where the SPD-55 is intended to be.

There are lots of solutions to this. Your main PC can act as a server (stay upstairs ) and you can use a different PC or media box in the basement. The only reason I see to move the PC is if you have it highly tricked out for madVR.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've been waiting for years for a device that can decode TrueHD/Atmos DTS-HD etc. with digital outputs (AES or Dante) that doesn't cost more than a small car.... I thought this was it but the only features I need don't seem to work!
I'm living in 7.1 land until such a beast comes along. I have Atmos speakers ready and waiting. I have tried a few pre/pros with XLR analogue outs but really didn't like the results compared to my existing all digital 7.1 setup.
Back to the drawing board and hanging out here hoping someone can confirm that we have a fully working unit!!

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Thanks, I thought as much. That is, to stream movies, my HTPC would need a direct HDMI connection to the SPD-55. But I was hoping otherwise. I was hoping I could leave the HTPC where it is upstairs, rather than moving it to the basement, where the SPD-55 is intended to be.
If you are wanting to use a network cable because you already have one in the walls or whatever, you can use a network cable to send the AV signal to the SDP-55, just not using Dante. Look into a hdmi over ethernet solutions. I have a Emotiva solution that works great and sends 4K. I have it only for testing and it works great.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Has anyone heard a firm date from JBL when they may offer the matching rack ears for the SDP-55? I'd like to purchase them but every time I ask the date gets pushed back 2 months. I've also considered buying a custom shelf and faceplate from Middle Atlantic for the SDP-55, but the processor doesn't appear to be in the MA database either.

Perhaps I'll try calling both places today.

·
Oppo Beta Group
11,524 Posts
Has anyone heard a firm date from JBL when they may offer the matching rack ears for the SDP-55? I'd like to purchase them but every time I ask the date gets pushed back 2 months. I've also considered buying a custom shelf and faceplate from Middle Atlantic for the SDP-55, but the processor doesn't appear to be in the MA database either.

Perhaps I'll try calling both places today.
I don't understand how companies are missing rack mount support for these processors. This seems like a simple problem.

- Rich

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I don't understand how companies are missing rack mount support for these processors. This seems like a simple problem.

- Rich
I agree. When I first received my Emotiva RMC-1 I received the rack mounts a week later and the mounts were basic 4U rack mounts for their amps and did not have holes for connection screws in the correct location. Emotiva has since resolved that issue but it was shocking the rack mounts for their flagship processor didn't work with their processor.

Maybe not as many people use racks as I would think. Perhaps most just set the processor on a shelf in their rack or furniture of some sort.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello guys :)
I having problem with Spotify connect when conected via wired ethernet. The unit don't show up as an avilable device.
If I switch to wireless it show up as normal...
And the when playing Spotify , there is some "noisepops" everytime a new track starts. That's the mainresom why I want to try it conected via wired.
Anyone else who have this issius..?

But the sound wiht these machine is amazing :)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I've been waiting for years for a device that can decode TrueHD/Atmos DTS-HD etc. with digital outputs (AES or Dante) that doesn't cost more than a small car.... I thought this was it but the only features I need don't seem to work!
I'm living in 7.1 land until such a beast comes along. I have Atmos speakers ready and waiting. I have tried a few pre/pros with XLR analogue outs but really didn't like the results compared to my existing all digital 7.1 setup.
Back to the drawing board and hanging out here hoping someone can confirm that we have a fully working unit!!
Maybe the next update will be the one!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I played a 2.8Mbs 5.1 DSD file and the processor reports DSD 44.1khz. I am using Dirac, but the same is true without Dirac. I understand that it converts DSD to PCM, but why only 44.1khz?

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
I played a 2.8Mbs 5.1 DSD file and the processor reports DSD 44.1khz. I am using Dirac, but the same is true without Dirac. I understand that it converts DSD to PCM, but why only 44.1khz?
Dirac only runs at a max of 48kHz on these devices, so although DSD is often converted to 88.2kHz PCM, maybe it always down samples to keep things simple.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hello guys :)
I having problem with Spotify connect when conected via wired ethernet. The unit don't show up as an avilable device.
If I switch to wireless it show up as normal...
And the when playing Spotify , there is some "noisepops" everytime a new track starts. That's the mainresom why I want to try it conected via wired.
Anyone else who have this issius..?

But the sound wiht these machine is amazing :)
not sure if this will solve your problem but i use wired ethernet for spotify but through google cast with no issues. you have to pay a fee to download google cast.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi guys,
when no sound or video going through the sdp-55 it switches off by itself. how can i disable this function?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Hi guys,
when no sound or video going through the sdp-55 it switches off by itself. how can i disable this function?
Engineering Menu - set stand by to Manual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
not sure if this will solve your problem but i use wired ethernet for spotify but through google cast with no issues. you have to pay a fee to download google cast.
I'am using the Google home app and set up the JBL via this , but I only find the JBl when connected wireless...?
What about the disturbed sound everytime a new track starts when playing Spotify... you having this problem..?

·
Registered
133 Posts
3441 - 3460 of 3613 Posts