AVS Forum banner

1761 - 1780 of 2679 Posts

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Weird bug. My kids were watching a movie in the theater and I was in another part of the house and picked up my phone. One of the kids came down to say that the system all of a sudden switch to the Bluetooth input without them touching anything. I certainly did not do anything other than browse a web page on my phone. did not try to cast or anything like that that should have triggered it.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Weird bug. My kids were watching a movie in the theater and I was in another part of the house and picked up my phone. One of the kids came down to say that the system all of a sudden switch to the Bluetooth input without them touching anything. I certainly did not do anything other than browse a web page on my phone. did not try to cast or anything like that that should have triggered it.
You pair anything with bluetooth to the processor and if that device plays a sound, it will immediately switch over without approval. I don't think it is a bug, but it is plenty annoying.

I don't even pair my phone anymore.

·
Registered
645 Posts
They are valid in that balanced outputs should provide 4 volts.
The argument for 4 volts is that virtually all balanced DACs output 4 volts and even the Oppo UDP-205 outputs 4 volts.

They are not representative since most many have amps that require < 2 volts to achieve full power.
I'd rather they show the distortion profile in a ramp. This allows folks with adjustable gain amps to get the best match with the least distortion.

- Rich
Since it was off topic, I posted a reply to the HTP-1 thread.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/3112176-official-monoprice-monolith-htp-1-owners-thread-113.html#post59670134

·
Registered
83 Posts
The suspense is killing me.
Is there anything new about these Devices? What about Harman responding to the test? What about BassControl which was announced weeks ago? How do the actual owner of the devices deal with this?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
The suspense is killing me.
Is there anything new about these Devices? What about Harman responding to the test? What about BassControl which was announced weeks ago? How do the actual owner of the devices deal with this?
Crickets.

I just logged in to see if there was any update myself.

·
Premium Member
23,831 Posts
Could have something to do with BC itself:

I understand that Dirac Live with Bass Control Version 3 should be released in the next few weeks. I am told that many of the reported operational anomolies and project loading issues have been addressed so I am hoping that this will prove a good one...... :)

·
Premium Member
14,808 Posts
Dirac is pretty stupid in that it will only give you the option to boost 8db. I guess that's a good thing for most people, but bad if you have a ST of headroom with your subs and want to increase it.

I get the alternative is to drop all the other frequencies, but I'm already limited playing my system at 99 (max) as is on most sources.

I do think it calibrates too low.
Yea I think you're setting up the levels wrong if you are listening at 99 and still wanting more. I know have last year's model and a lexicon but the dirac process is essentially the same and I never listen to anything above 70-75 with 70 being true reference levels after any dirac run I've done.

As far as the sub boost goes, that's what the gain knob on your sub is for :D plus, where does the unit set your actual sub trim? You should have even more there if you want it. Obviously not have BM I always keep my house curve saved in my mini but not engaged when doing RC, then I add the HC back in once it's done. If leaving the mini out is obviously your objective, then back to the gain knob and low boost knob on my speakerpower amp I go.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Yea I think you're setting up the levels wrong if you are listening at 99 and still wanting more. I know have last year's model and a lexicon but the dirac process is essentially the same and I never listen to anything above 70-75 with 70 being true reference levels after any dirac run I've done.

As far as the sub boost goes, that's what the gain knob on your sub is for :D plus, where does the unit set your actual sub trim? You should have even more there if you want it. Obviously not have BM I always keep my house curve saved in my mini but not engaged when doing RC, then I add the HC back in once it's done. If leaving the mini out is obviously your objective, then back to the gain knob and low boost knob on my speakerpower amp I go.
I have four subs on 3 amps. SP12000HT, SP4000, and FP10000Q clone (for now). You have to level match and who knows the incremental adjustment between amps. I'm not sure it would work, but maybe.

I'll give BC a shot, but may be stuck with a Mini.

·
Registered
12,222 Posts
I have four subs on 3 amps. SP12000HT, SP4000, and FP10000Q clone (for now). You have to level match and who knows the incremental adjustment between amps. I'm not sure it would work, but maybe.

I'll give BC a shot, but may be stuck with a Mini.
If you elevate the sub channel gain trim(s) in the SDP-55 they will track equally.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I am not sure if this has been asked or I have missed it but has any of the owners have a 9.1.6 set up? If so do the Dolby Atmos tracks send sounds to all channels? I am not talking about L16.
I am patiently waiting for mind to return from my dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hello - Gents,

I am looking for some info on the SDP-55 vs Arcam AV40...I see the Firmware updates are the same number 1.28 (coincidence?)...and several specs are similar...are these basically the same DP with different Badging?

I know the SDP-55 has Dante...and Dirac Bass Mgmt.

But what else is a differentiator?

Is the Sound Quality different?

Has anyone compared these side by side in an A/B test?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'd really like to check out the Dante interface on this, I know Dante's coming to the Altitude 32 next year but this is an exciting advancement especially at this price point.
Can i hook up a ethernet cable to a wireless router extnedet to gain access to hte network from the unit

·
Registered
543 Posts
I am not sure if this has been asked or I have missed it but has any of the owners have a 9.1.6 set up? If so do the Dolby Atmos tracks send sounds to all channels? I am not talking about L16.
I am patiently waiting for mind to return from my dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I too am curious about a 9.1.6 setup and how pinned 7.1.4 atmos tracks will be handled. I heard leaving Dolby Surround on would send sound to all channels. Is this true? My unit is coming back to me soon but I still haven't finished building my speakers to test

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi guys,
following my many disappointments with the RMC-1, I decided to order an SDP 55 to replace the Emotiva, but the problem is that in France it is not available ??? according to my reseller the distributor in England would be closed due to covid19!
Does anyone have any information on the distribution problems of SDP55 in Europe? or is the distribution not yet official from JBL? Thank you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hello - Gents,

I am looking for some info on the SDP-55 vs Arcam AV40...I see the Firmware updates are the same number 1.28 (coincidence?)...and several specs are similar...are these basically the same DP with different Badging?

I know the SDP-55 has Dante...and Dirac Bass Mgmt.

But what else is a differentiator?

Is the Sound Quality different?

Has anyone compared these side by side in an A/B test?

Thank you in advance.
No one has compared them directly but the firmware is supposed to be identical based upon a file compare.

- JBL uses a different DAC chip although it is not clear if the chip is replaced or if there are other surrounding changes that improve the sound. A pure objective measurement review of the AV40 was disappointing in this area.

- Besides Dirac Bass Management, the JBL is supposed to have all of the paid upgrades

- Logic 16 upmixing

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi guys,

following my many disappointments with the RMC-1, I decided to order an SDP 55 to replace the Emotiva, but the problem is that in France it is not available ??? according to my reseller the distributor in England would be closed due to covid19!

Does anyone have any information on the distribution problems of SDP55 in Europe? or is the distribution not yet official from JBL? Thank you.
They have moved the sdp-55 to Amsterdam and are now ready to ship them to dealers.

Skickat från min GM1913 via Tapatalk

1761 - 1780 of 2679 Posts