AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
287 Posts
Good question.

I was looking for a HTIB-type system for my kids game room and was considering the JBL HT line and the Tykes 5.1 also. Would be powered with an older Denon AVR. Room is 18x10x9 carpeted. Very flexible furniture layout.

tubeguy:

Have you had an opportunity to hear both systems or is your opinion just conjecture?

TIA

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Thetubeguy just has a thing for anything Rocket. I would try both. I am in same process of getting a small system for my sons room. I have listened to the JBL's and they are ok. However I have great Rocket speakers in my HT room and knowing how and who builds them I am going to order a set of Tykes just because of price and I just think they are going to be much much better. If not they will go back.. But I don't think thats going to happen.

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i can basically get the jbl system for $300 or the tykes b-stock for $220 shipped. which would be a better buy for the money? i'm planning to use it in my bedroom and dorm next year when i move to college. also, can anyone comment on the tykes or jbl if you own it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.