AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have JTR 212 HT's in my room behind an AT screen. I just set them up but not 100% sure I am going to keep them.

I am intrigued by the JBL4722. I know it would kick butt for movies, but wondering how they fare for music.

I am about 60/40 movies/music so I wouldn't want something that doesn't sound fantastic for music.

I know @notnyt has them and I think he has also heard the JTR 212's, has anyone else?

Thanks
Ray

·
Registered
10,629 Posts
I currently have JTR 212 HT's in my room behind an AT screen. I just set them up but not 100% sure I am going to keep them.

I am intrigued by the JBL4722. I know it would kick butt for movies, but wondering how they fare for music.

I am about 60/40 movies/music so I wouldn't want something that doesn't sound fantastic for music.

I know @notnyt has them and I think he has also heard the JTR 212's, has anyone else?

Thanks
Ray

Why wouldn't they be good for music? Great dynamics, directivity, low distortion, high sensitivity, etc. No complaints here. I'll paste this again, someone upgraded from some danley syngergy horns...

Man, I'm really liking these guys!

I scaled back on the amps and I'm driving each channel with a bridged Face F250TS; I'll re-purpose the 1200's for subs...

We still haven't sat and watched a movie all the way through, but now that the holidays are behind us we'll do so soon.

We probably have about 30-40 hours of usage at -25 (kids playing games), and last night we watched the first half of Maleficent on blu-ray.

My wife surprised me and said "Oh my God these things sound amazing - what did you have before dear?"

I said "Danley SH-50, and I won't be sharing my opinion too freely..."

These are wonderful and really surpass everything I thought the Danley's did well - it's almost as though they were veiled in comparison.
I understand audio memory sucks, but the Danley's never sounded this good in our room and my wife continues to complement the JBL's!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why wouldn't they be good for music? Great dynamics, directivity, low distortion, high sensitivity, etc. No complaints here. I'll paste this again, someone upgraded from some danley syngergy horns...
Thanks.

I guess there is no reason to think they wouldn't be good for music as movies have music in them right?! What do you cross them at?

Have you also heard JTR 212's or Yorkville U215's?

I think my biggest fear with the 4722's is I don't have a wide enough area for them. My wall with my AT screen is 110 inches wide. On the right is a wall and on the left is door out to my garage, the wall on the left extends out another 15 feet. My screen is 105 inches wide so there would only be about 10 inches between each speaker.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, I would sit back about 16 feet from the speakers.

·
Registered
10,629 Posts
Thanks.

I guess there is no reason to think they wouldn't be good for music as movies have music in them right?! What do you cross them at?

Have you also heard JTR 212's or Yorkville U215's?

I think my biggest fear with the 4722's is I don't have a wide enough area for them. My wall with my AT screen is 110 inches wide. On the right is a wall and on the left is door out to my garage, the wall on the left extends out another 15 feet. My screen is 105 inches wide so there would only be about 10 inches between each speaker.
It's been a while since I've heard the others, but the JBLs were still my top pick. When purchasing any speakers, you should try to listen to them first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts