AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jean-Luc Godards "À bout de souffle / Breathless" [France 1960] is now available in France and Germany through the "StudioCanal Collection".

A screenshot comparison of the German Kinowelt "StudioCanal Collection" (RC A+B), the Criterion DVD (RC 1) and the first German Kinowelt DVD (RC0). More screenshots and informations on the discs here .

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Blu-ray Kinowelt/StudioCanal

DVD Criterion

DVD Kinowelt

DVD Criterion

DVD Kinowelt

DVD Criterion

DVD Kinowelt

DVD Criterion

DVD Kinowelt

DVD Criterion

DVD Kinowelt

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42041 /forum/post/18150908

That looks excellent. Wonder when it's coming to North America?

There's no option to choose "USA" in the first menue, just Germany, Spain, France, Netherland, Portugal, United Kingdom and Japan. So maybe there's a possibility of a Criterion Blu-ray. Seems not to come from Lionsgate in the USA.

·
Banned
642 Posts
according to this website the disc is region A/B. and since it has the original french lossless dub + english sub + good PQ (according to what you said), maybe it's worth importing.

well, whats left is checking the audio if its fine or has some studio chanal pitch problems.

·
Registered
950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reanimator /forum/post/18151204

Dude! Did you see that close-up of Jean Seberg? Freaking fantastic. The transfer looks very faithful, grainy as hell, exactly the way it should.

When do we get this stateside???

Yeah! That is what my face will look like when I watch this film. Looks very very good...

·
Registered
2,839 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 /forum/post/19206658

dunno, didnt try it. your decision I guess.

It's pretty clear that they want you to register on their site to see their 1080p captures. I suppose it's your own prerogative to use the "backdoor" to view them yourself without doing so, but I don't think it's particularly polite to post these direct links especially with the silly "hxxp" which obscures the referral tracking. Bandwidth is not free and image leeching from various places (such as $hitty torrent sites) is a real problem, so tracking is important for blacklists.

I totally don't mind if my own shots are posted in such a manner on this forum, but I take no effort to obscure my full resolution links and reserve the right to change them and break all links if the cost burden becomes overwhelming which sucks for everyone involved.

In other words, just post the links to the pages containing screenshots as they were intended to be linked rather than trying to be clever with direct image links. Just my humble opinion as a biased observer...

·
Registered
867 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Squid /forum/post/19208509

It's pretty clear that they want you to register on their site to see their 1080p captures. I suppose it's your own prerogative to use the "backdoor" to view them yourself without doing so, but I don't think it's particularly polite to post these direct links especially with the silly "hxxp" which obscures the referral tracking. Bandwidth is not free and image leeching from various places (such as $hitty torrent sites) is a real problem, so tracking is important for blacklists.

I totally don't mind if my own shots are posted in such a manner on this forum, but I take no effort to obscure my full resolution links and reserve the right to change them and break all links if the cost burden becomes overwhelming which sucks for everyone involved.

In other words, just post the links to the pages containing screenshots as they were intended to be linked rather than trying to be clever with direct image links. Just my humble opinion as a biased observer...

Hi there- I have the Euro StudioCanal version of 'Breathless' and noticed bitrates are slightly higher for video than Criterion version- also several reviews rate the StudioCanal disc higher than the Criterion for picture quality- what do you think?....

·
Registered
867 Posts
I've posted this info in numerous places but in case anyone missed it the UK StudiCanal Collection bluray release has some missing frames- basically at 3 points in the movie the screen goes completely black for a half second. There is a disclaimer at the beginning of the movie to indicate this flaw.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.