AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really surprised there is not a thread on this yet but if I missed it apologies.

This is absolutely fantastic!!! I'm ashamed to have waited so long to pick it up but now that I have it I wanted to share how impressed I am with this disc. Reference quality from top to bottom. PQ and AQ are both top notch but the stereo LPCM track especially stands out. Each instrument is really isolated in it's own space and easily distinguishable from the other band members. Balance is spot on from top to bottom and left to right.

Imelda May is a favorite of mine and she gives a stellar performance. Beck's guitar work is just brilliant as well. Other contributions include Darrel Higham, Brian Setzer, Gary Bonds, and others who I can't recall but the sum of them all is just a blast. If you are at all a fan of this genre or these artists this is a must have! Top shelf artists playing some smokin rock and Rockabilly favorites.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I'm embarrassingly late in picking this up, too. Nice to hear another positive!

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-triodes /forum/post/20899112

I started a thread on this when it first came out. It only attracted one other poster and a bunch of crickets. I have no idea why, it's a great BD.

Couldn't agree more. I was content to sit and watch the whole thing with my wife and a few beers last night but it will be great for entertaining company too.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I saw thie blu-ray.com review for this disc and picked up her Imelda's CDs which have become some of my favourite and most played. As terrific as the Les Paul disc is (AQ and PQ wise) I only like about 1/2 the songs. Still, I agree that more people should check it out.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Demo quality stuff. If you like concert material on BD, it is a must have. You may not love every track, but there's enough to like for most viewers that you will be more than satisfied. I picked up a copy at the bargain price of $14.99...a steal!

·
Registered
22,560 Posts
I'll add my name to the list of references for this title. A technological marvel to boot, how they pulled this off in the very small venue. Studio-quality audio recording and video. Bonus material is also just as entertaining.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.