AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious on how many fans of Jeff Rowland amps are out there.

So far, I have driven my three Aerial LR5 and CC5 speakers with one Proceed HPA3 amp; but given the fact Proceed is out of the market now, and since it seems there is a LOT of disorganization in the Harman Specialty Group upon taking over Madrigal (not a good thing at all for a company which is seeking to price their high-end products so high!), I feel like considering the new Jeff Rowland Series 200 and 300 monoblocks!
http://www.jeffrowland.com/products.htm

Any opinions out there on terms of musicality of these amps, as well as on their long-term reliability???

Thanks a lot for sharing! :)

J.V. Gomez

·
Registered
568 Posts
The 201 monoblocks only started shipping a couple of months ago, so there is no opportunity for a long-term track record.

I tend to be biased toward tube products, but I heard the 201s the other day, and I was VERY impressed. They get it right, and they are also very, very efficient. They run cool to the touch even under heavy load, and they won't be heating up your room like typical monoblocks.

When I heard them (with Piega C-10 LTDs), they had excellent bass extension - tight and controlled - along with no grain whatever, and a pretty good tonal balance. I'd have to listen more to decide if they're perfect, but they're right up there. And at $2400 each, they're pretty inexpensive compared to anything with competitive sound.

Beware that they have ONLY balanced inputs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.