AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,020 Posts
In one of the pictures there is an LCD monitor, and another has a 16:9 TV....I doubt that is Jeffrey Dahmer's stuff. He was caught in 1991...LCD monitors and 16:9 TV's were not available back then.

Like chamerci said...probably his father's stuff...or whoever has been living there.

I wonder what line arrays those are.

·
Registered
6,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschang  /t/1525402/jeffrey-dahmers-former-h...y-all-the-speakers-in-the-house#post_24558862

In one of the pictures there is an LCD monitor, and another has a 16:9 TV....I doubt that is Jeffrey Dahmer's stuff. He was caught in 1991...LCD monitors and 16:9 TV's were not available back then.

Like chamerci said...probably his father's stuff...or whoever has been living there.

I wonder what line arrays those are.

I was thinking the same thing. Also, the speakers look too modern to be over 20 years old.

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
I didn't know Nick Frost was an audiophile. He must have got a 'killer' deal on the house, given its history.

There are so many speakers in there I am thinking it may have been a dealer's demo place instead of an actual residence.

·
Registered
485 Posts
If I'm not mistaken his father was some sort of engineer which may explain an appreciation for technology/audio. Based upon interviews I've seen his dad was a really nice guy - he just had a son who was very, very ill.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTDIGITY  /t/1525402/jeffrey-dahmers-former-h...y-all-the-speakers-in-the-house#post_24559357

The photo of the man standing in front of a big Andersen patio slider door has a Legacy Audio speaker to the left: http://hifiheaven.net/store/Legacy-Audio-Whisper-XD-Speaker-System-(Standard-Finishes)?language=en&currency=USD

Pretty pricey stuff. You'd never expect that by looking at the house from the outside.

Wow. I'm impressed you recognized those speakers. I was theorizing the line arrays were maybe from Selah, but it looks too similar to my LS-9 setup with the ribbons.

·
Registered
934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_lb  /t/1525402/jeffrey-dahmers-former-h...y-all-the-speakers-in-the-house#post_24565927

If I'm not mistaken his father was some sort of engineer which may explain an appreciation for technology/audio. Based upon interviews I've seen his dad was a really nice guy - he just had a son who was very, very ill.

I read a book several years ago. The father seemed very decent. They mother was pretty whacky and it said she used a lot of drugs while pregnant.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts