AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I now have a new problem with one of my UTV's. While trying to fast forward through the buffer or a recorded show, the frames are not smooth like they should be. They seem to hang at times, no matter how fast you go, 15x, 60x, 300x, etc. Then during normal play back, the picture hangs so often that it is un-viewable.

I thought maybe it was just the two shows I recorded back to back, possible rain fade. This was not the case. I have tried recording different shows over a 2 day period, similar results. My second UTV still works perfectly, so I am ruling out problems with the LNB, coax runs, etc. I have swapped UTV's to make sure the problem is only with this one unit.

This UTV sits right on top of my cabinet. I did raise the UTV using the bottle cap method to help the heat escape.. This seemed to help, but not by much.

Is the hard drive near death? I do have the hard drive from a dead unit that was hit by a surge. Should I try installing that hard drive, down load the OS and see if that helps? If this does cure the problem, I will get a new 120GB drive for this UTV, but I wanted to hear from this forum first.

Thanks..

·
Registered
719 Posts
try powering it down for a bit, say 1-2 hours. I find that when my units become slow, this fixes it. It forces it to rebuild the guide, and probably other things as well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am having a nearly identical problem. Mine gets so bad sometimes that the unit will reboot itself. I have narrowed down to the hard drive by swapping the drives between this unit with problems and a unit without.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.