Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie post, so pls be kind.....

Am trying to set-up my new CS2 with my Pioneer plasma - screen is the 50" plasma TV with media box (the PDP 503HDE model in the UK).

I've got inputs to both YUV A & Svideo A on the CS2 & am outputting from the CS2 via VGA into the Pio media box (the PC input). I'm using RGB colourspace (the Pio doesn't like YUV) & running the CS2 at an output of 'WXGA 60Hz' syncing on H/V (G/Y gives no picture).

This resolution (1280x768) should match the native resolution of the screen & I think I've managed to snap in the picture; have played with the clock & phase controls on the plasma & now have stable test patterns all the way down to Checker 1. According to the Pio manual, 60Hz is the only frequency permitted for this resolution - outputting this resolution at the other CS2 supported frequencies (50Hz, 75Hz) knocks the resolution detected by the plasma down to 1024x768 (even though the feed is still 1280x768).

Up side - the PQ is in general excellent. Sources are much cleaner; definite improvement when watching sport - much less 'tizzing' round the edges of players.

Down side - the picture has a very noticeable judder. On both sources, any movement (sideways & vertically) is stop-start. Particularly noticeable on the scrolling news tickertape on CNN & when watching the ball moving across the screen on golf, etc - but evident to some extent on all content. Have played with settings on both the CS2 & the screen and nothing seems to make a difference.

Really don't know what to try next to fix this judder effect - would be very grateful for any advice.

Thanks,

Simon

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.