9.1 Surround Sound Jersey Shore JEscHT Plex Home Cinema

As of 12/24/2017 my home theater currently consists of the following:

Onkyo TX-NR3007 9.2 AV Receiver
Emotiva XPA-5 Amp
Emotiva ERT-8.3 Left & Right Mains
Emotiva ERM-6.3 Center
Emotiva ERD-1 Side Surrounds & Front Heights
Emotiva ERM-1 Surround Backs
AV123 MFW-15 Sub w/upgraded Seaton Sound 700 Watt ICEpower amplifier with custom DSP programming by the original designer of the MFW-15, Mark Seaton

Carada 100" Precision Series 1.78:1 Brilliant White (110" future upgrade)
Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 7500UB
DIRECTV HR54-200 Genie Gen 3 Receiver
Apple Mac Mini with Plex Media Server attached to a 15TB Drobo 5D and a 14TB Drobo Gen 2
D-Link 16-Port 10/100/1000 Rackmountable Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
Tripp Lite SMART1500LCDT 1500VA 900W UPS Smart LCD Battery Back Up Tower

Middle Atlantic 5-29 Slim 5 Rack with RSH Custom Faceplates & Shelves
Middle Atlantic 4U Drawer
8 - Black Coaster Pavilion Theater Seats
4 - Aura Pro Bass Shakers With Dayton Audio SA230 Subwoofer Amplifier
Charcoal Silver Screen Carpet
9 - Spotlight Displays Gold Wide 27" x 40" Movie Poster Frames
Pair of Raxxess ERSS-42 Economy Speaker Stands - Black Oak
50" Sharp Roku TV used for Plex Movie Poster Display on Raspberry Pi: https://www.mattsshack.com/2016/07/26/plex-movie-poster-display/

VIDEO: https://i.imgur.com/MOJgkx7l.mp4

JEsc HT Plex Setup:
~ Plex Media Server and Plex Media Player on Late 2012 2.6GHz i7, 4GB RAM, 1TB, Intel 4000 HD Mac Mini attached to a Thunderbolt 15TB Drobo 5D and a FW800 14TB Drobo Gen 2 displayed through an Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 7500UB (controlled w/Logitech diNovo Mini Bluetooth keyboard)

Smart Home Theater Access:
Samsung SmartThings Hub
Keen Home 4" x 10" Smart Vent
Alexa on Amazon Echo Dot controlling Plex and the Logitech Hub with Harmony Elite All In One Remote output to a Cambridge SoundWorks OontZ Angle 3 Next Generation Ultra Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
Yale Real Living Push Button Deadbolt with Z-Wave (YRD210-ZW-619)
Samsung Multipurpose Sensor for theater door
(4) Sylvania Lightify by Osram BR30 RGBW bulbs for theater seat lighting
GE Z-Wave Wireless Smart Lighting Control Smart Switch (Works with Amazon Alexa) to control LED rope lighting
GE Z-Wave Wireless Smart Lighting Control Smart Dimmer Switch (Works with Amazon Alexa) to control stage lighting
Nest Protect smoke & carbon monoxide alarm, Battery
PlexPlus SmartThings SmartApp to have Plex Play Status control the Sylvania Lightify Osram theater seat lighting: https://community.smartthings.com/t/release-plexplus-control-lighting-with-plex-play-status/

Reactions: ClimbMyRobot

·
Registered
168 Posts
Bitchin set-up!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSE /forum/post/18224518

Bitchin set-up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvGeek07 /forum/post/18224802

wow,that's a nice room. i dig the color. do you have any problems feeling bass in that huge room?

Thanks for your compliments! The AV123 MFW-15 is doing just fine for now, but I'm sure I won't stop there.
But, it will be sometime before I add another subwoofer or replace this one for 2 evenly matched subs.

Soon, I will be purchasing Left & Right towers and I want to hear how that will change my listening environment and whether I will set them as large or small speakers.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
That's a great space. JT

·
Registered
818 Posts
I like the set-up, and all this in a Beach House.

Many beach houses don't have basements, does yours?

Best of luck with your new speaker purchases, if you go with emotiva's to match your center I'm sure you'll be pleased. Have you considered raising your center channel? I'd try making it as high as possible without obstructing the screen. This will be a cheap thing to do which I perdict will produce noticable benifits.

Maybe you could lay your mfw on it's side and use it as a center channel stand?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelinas /forum/post/18226293

I like the set-up, and all this in a Beach House.

Many beach houses don't have basements, does yours?

Best of luck with your new speaker purchases, if you go with emotiva's to match your center I'm sure you'll be pleased. Have you considered raising your center channel? I'd try making it as high as possible without obstructing the screen. This will be a cheap thing to do which I perdict will produce noticable benifits.

Maybe you could lay your mfw on it's side and use it as a center channel stand?

It's not along the beach, but close enough, and it is my permanent residence. I have every intention of raising the center channel with Emotiva speaker stand and I also intend to go with a larger screen which will bring it closer to the speaker.

The only place I would be able to lay the MFW-15 on its side would be on the front stage and have I been considering this idea but only if I had another one just like it to sit on the other side of the stage.
!

·
Registered
525 Posts
I like it, Especially the carpet. Does it ever bother you that you cannot sit directly centered on the screen?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by malovich /forum/post/18252270

I like it, Especially the carpet. Does it ever bother you that you cannot sit directly centered on the screen?

Not at all and I move between the front and the back row, just to keep my ears entertained. Today, I received my Emotiva ERT 8.3 towers and what an amazing sound in here.

To me, it was more important to have 8 seats and I didn't want people walking under the soffits that run horizontally along the side walls.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Added updated better quality photos and edited details to include the most recent info.

·
Registered
377 Posts
That's a nice setup. I love the paint scheme.

How do those speakers sound? How do they sound in comparison of something like Bic Acoustechs or Energy speakers?

·
Registered
384 Posts
i go back and forth on where i sit as well - if i am watching alone then i am in the front row so that it does not have to be so loud - with it quiter i can hear the pj a lot more if i am in the back row under it.

but if i am actually listening at a good volume then the back center seat is the way to get the most out of the system and it kills the pj fan noise.

oh and this a great set up - it is like my dedicated room but a lot better in terms of design and color scheme.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Very nice equipment rack. Must have been a pain to organize the wires so well but looks very well done.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
very nice set up! Have you ever considered getting a 2.37 screen? Your room looks perfect for it

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 /forum/post/20972963

That's a nice setup. I love the paint scheme.

How do those speakers sound? How do they sound in comparison of something like Bic Acoustechs or Energy speakers?

I am so happy with the sound of the Emotiva speakers. Definitely bang for the buck!

I just went with my gut after much research and I truly happy and my guests are more than pleased with their performance as well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin /forum/post/20983071

very nice set up! Have you ever considered getting a 2.37 screen? Your room looks perfect for it

I have considered it, but I do watch a lot of TV shows and sports programs in the theater as well and I'm afraid of what the result would be...

·
Registered
377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by titelies /forum/post/21077445

I am so happy with the sound of the Emotiva speakers. Definitely bang for the buck!

I just went with my gut after much research and I truly happy and my guests are more than pleased with their performance as well.

I see they are 1200 for a pair. Do you think they are worth that, or can they be found elsewhere for cheaper.

I'd imagine they might be overpowering in my room, which is 26x11?

·
Registered
383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 /forum/post/21077673

Do you think they are worth that, or can they be found elsewhere for cheaper.

Emotiva gear is sold exclusively from the Emotiva web site. That's how they keep their prices low, by cutting out the middle man (and having all their stuff built in China).

BTW, very beautiful room you've got there, great job!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finally updated the info.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts