AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering contacting Jim to do my sony 1270 setup. Does anyone know what sorts of things he does?

Specifically will he -

1) Put any needed washes on the lenses to adjust mechanical setup if necessary?

2) Make 2/4 pole adjustments?

3) Adjust the greyscale?

4) Be kind enough to let me watch so that I can take care of it in the future?

And lastly, does anyone know roughly how much this will cost? I'd like to get a rough idea so that I can budget for it.

TIA,

Tim

·
Registered
865 Posts
I've never used him but I have heard that he is very good. Don't have any idea how much he charges.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Tim:

Jim did the crt setup for the ISF class that I took in New York( DON'T touch the projector or KICK the screen). I can tell you that he is one of the pickiest people (anal in a good way) I have seen. I am sure he will do an awesome job for you.

·
Registered
360 Posts
My best friend's brother dealt with Jim a lot for Non-ISF based things and they talked alot about H.T. etc... He even went to Jim's home to see HIS H.T. and was nothing buy blown away by it! Has been a few years now but I remember something to the effect of Jim telling him he had been tweaking it for 2 years and is NOW finally satisfied with the picture so like Alan said "Anal in a good way!" His rate is in the $500.00HR range but from what I was told..WELL worth! Again this was 4-5 years ago so things may have changed!

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.