Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jim,

Some of these boys with LT150's are counting on me to provide a Panamorph squeezed movie picture so they can look at it and see if it's gonna be acceptable to em.

But they don't know what a PC doofus I am. I've had yxy in my system for over a year and have never figured out how to use it cause I'm too dumb. Please tell me how to use it to stretch the picture properly so the Panamorph can do it

it's squeeze thing.

Thanks,

Bob

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

·
Registered
653 Posts
I may be mistaken but I believe if you are using 1024x768 and WinDVD, you can simply uncheck the "Lock Aspect Ratio" box on anamorphic dvds and they should appear vertically streteched.

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'll be damned. You mean it's that simple?

Okay, I'll give it a go.

If I had any pride I would now delete this thread so the whole world doesn't know how dumb I am. But you know what.

I'm just gonna leave it up. I deserve to suffer the humiliation. Anybody got a copy of HT for dummies?

Bob

[This message has been edited by RobertWood (edited 09-04-2001).]

·
Registered
6,227 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RobertWood:
Anybody got a copy of HT for dummies?

Bob

Bob,

I used to have a copy, but I eventually threw it in the trash. It was way over my head! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

Tom

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Jim,

After reading your's and Phreddy's advice in this and Grant's thread I think I now know what I need to do.

Thanks.

Bob

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pham,

I have a laptop with an XGA display. I have display properties set at 1024x768 and 16 bit color. When I open WinDVD 2000 the damn thing switches to 800x600 and 16 colors

(and switches back when I close WinDVD).

Since you said I need to have my PC at 1024x768 does that mean that if I play an anamorphic DVD at 800x600 I will not

get the desired aspect ratio when using the Panamorph?

Bob

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

[This message has been edited by RobertWood (edited 09-04-2001).]

·
Registered
653 Posts
Hi Bob, any 4:3 resolution should work in the same manner. If I get the chance, I will try to verify this tomorrow.

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pham,

I got my desktop PC partway back online last night so it's no longer a problem.

Thanks, though.

Bob

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.