AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched Kimmel in Texas this week and they liked him a lot. Wonder what kind of reception Letterman would get, a hanging?

·
Premium Member
9,317 Posts
I enjoyed his visit to Austin, TX.

I prefer JK over any of the other late night hosts/shows. My daughter doesn't like him though.

·
Registered
11,543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo  /t/1522372/jimmy-kimmel-live#post_24492230

I prefer JK over any of the other late night hosts/shows. My daughter doesn't like him though.
Count me in your daughters camp
I do occasionally watch JKL when he has a guest that I particularly like but as a host he's probably my least favorite, him or maybe NBCs Carson Daly and the thing with Carson isn't so much him but rather the awful(IMO) camera work! I guess Jimmy is one of those like him or loath him type of guys, he does have a unique style for sure.

Another downside for JKL in my market is the SD picture quality, my local ABC channel cannot timeshift HD so we get JKL as a 16:9 SD upconvert

·
Premium Member
9,317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff  /t/1522372/jimmy-kimmel-live#post_24493035

Another downside for JKL in my market is the SD picture quality, my local ABC channel cannot timeshift HD so we get JKL as a 16:9 SD upconvert

Hard to believe that a station in a market that large can't afford the equipment to time shift HD. My local affiliate can.

·
Registered
11,543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo  /t/1522372/jimmy-kimmel-live#post_24496602

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff  /t/1522372/jimmy-kimmel-live#post_24493035

Hard to believe that a station in a market that large can't afford the equipment to time shift HD. My local affiliate can.
I do know it's not that simple but I think it's funny that I personally can timeshift HD bit for bit(with my Tivo HD) but my local ABC channel cannot at their level

They also bitstarve the hell out of their HD main, shows like DWTS's last night looked like a macroblocking mess, with any movement or things like strobes started the picture would break up so much to even make other members in my family say, "whats wrong with the TV?". Less demanding shows like Castle can look pretty decent but not demanding programming like DWTS
I'm just glad the majority of my viewing is on my local clear channel(no subs) CBS, where I see very little macroblocking, even during demanding shows like live awards events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70  /t/1522372/jimmy-kimmel-live#post_24497094

Jimmy has announced his choice to win DWTS season 18. Amy Purdy (snowboarder in Paralympics, double amputee).
I could see her or Candice or even Merryl, several good contenders this year, of course Amy has the advantage of dancing with Derek who has won more mirror balls than any other pro on the show.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts